Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dreadful if true, I can understand if we've been offered a very decent fee (ie, 1.5M or so) but much less and I'd be very disappointed as I'm a real fan of Barnes, a player who never gives up and gives everything for the team and a decent goalscorer for us, would be very disapointed, very.

Jimmy Grimble

So it seems we are still a selling club.

Barnes to a club in a sideways move situation. Bridcutt eventually once all the cliche drama is played out.

We'll miss Barnes far more than Bridders.

I wouldn't be so sure. Obika is only a 3 month loan, I'd be surprised if we intended to see the season out with just him, Ulloa and slowly returning CMS. If we do then our play off ambitions are going to take a hit.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Dreadful if true, I can understand if we've been offered a very decent fee (ie, 1.5M or so) but much less and I'd be very disappointed as I'm a real fan of Barnes, a player who never gives up and gives everything for the team and a decent goalscorer for us, would be very disapointed, very.

This.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a good transfer window for us. The possible outs are vastly greater than the confirmed in.

Very pissed off at the moment.

I like football, but Burnley can **** off!

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
They didn't get Kurt Nogan scoring. That turned out to be some great bit of business by us.

If Barnes goes i wish him all the Best. He was a vital piece of the machine which helped us romp to the league 1 title.

Lol I was meaning the last few years with J Rod, Austin, Ings and Vokes but good point :)

I hope he doesn't leave but if he does I agree and hope he goes on to be a success and if he fires them to promotion I hope it's QPR that miss out as that would be amusing

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Barnes would be a massive loss - we need to get him to sign an extension ASAP
Bridcutt can go as far as I am concerned - for one he doesn't appear interested at the moment and for two - and in my opinion, far more importantly, he doesn't suit Oscar's style of play

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If Barnes won't sign a new contract - which I understand is the case - I can see the logic in getting a decent fee and reinvesting it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not a good transfer window for us. The possible outs are vastly greater than the confirmed in.

Very pissed off at the moment.

I like football, but Burnley can **** off!

True, but the window is only 8 days old. We could do like we did last summer and sign 4 in one evening. Hopefully not, as that lumped us with the house elf, but hopefully with a bit more quality.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd be stunned and extremely disappointed if this is true, given how short of forward players we are it doesn't make any sense even with Obika joining. Bridcutt is far more expendable than Barnes. I'll believe it when it is confirmed but not before.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If Barnes doesn't want to sign a contract extension, we'd be stupid to turn down £1million.

The club is being run sensibly, we aren't desperate for money, we've shown that with the bids we've turned down. If we've accepted a bid, I have 100% faith in the club that it is in our best interests.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Disappointed to see him go... but if it happens then
#prayforclause that prevents him playing against us 3 potential times this season!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1. If true that an offer has been on the table since the Summer and Barnes will not sign then this window is our last opportunity to get some money.

2. Barnes is good and puts in a lot of effort in but I don't believe he will cut it in the premier league and certainly don't believe he is what we need to push on for promotion.

3. I don't believe for one minute that nothing is being done by our management with regard to recruits. The window is only 8 days old and therefore 23 days to go. Plenty of time.

4. Disappointed that Bridcutt appears to be going but think we now have adequate cover in that area.

5. Buckley is, unfortunately, virtually permanently injured so would be good business to offload him, especially if we can get Conway back in his place although wages could be a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here