Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes not good enough for the Albion

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
People criticise Barnes, because as a forward he scores relatively few goals. However they, IMO, fail massively to appreciate what he contributes to the overall team performance performance. Brighton were and Burnley are better teams when he is playing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that to the Burnley fans though?

A burnley fans says:
No Barnes isn't getting any stick from any section of the home support.

The cupped ears are one of two things...... 1, The atmosphere wasn't great today and he wanted to hear us more, or...2, (the most likely) The pundits and media have wrote us off all season and he's sticking it up them. Danny Ings did the very same thing when he scored against Everton and that was the reason he said that he cupped his ears.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
as a Burnley fan I was chuffed when we bought him though I did realise how Brighton fans were very divided on him. He got us over the line when we were promoted and did a good job bearing in mind who he came into replace.

Glad to see him doing well now though. Btw, I watched the game on Friday and it's more a case of getting the Albion midfield sorted. Once you've got that ticking Bent will score them for fun.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
as a Burnley fan I was chuffed when we bought him though I did realise how Brighton fans were very divided on him. He got us over the line when we were promoted and did a good job bearing in mind who he came into replace.

Glad to see him doing well now though. Btw, I watched the game on Friday and it's more a case of getting the Albion midfield sorted. Once you've got that ticking Bent will score them for fun.
I'm delighted for you that Barnes is doing well. He is a much better player than at least half our fans realize and I was gutted when he left. I've chatted to him a couple of times and I believe he's a genuinely decent fellow. He trips refs up too! What's not to like?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Haven't read through the thread, but typical of a typical NSC w@nkfest could have been, blame game scenario I guess?

T-Rex were a great band weren't they if only they had stuck with it they'd be x-factor champs this year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here