Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is true, how well would Pep do with our lot probably not much better. I personally think many of CH’s game plans work unfortunately you need better calmer players in this league to pull of more wins.

Guardiola, Poch and Klopp demand mobility and pace (for 90 minutes) from their 10 outfield players, to hunt the ball down when not in possession. As we have next to none in CM and upfront, they’d come up with the stodgy football.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Premier League top goalscorers

22 - Aubameyang (122 mins/goal); Mane (140 mins/goal); Salah (148 mins/goal)

21 - Aguero (118 mins/goal)

18 - Vardy (152 mins/goal)

17 - Kane (143 mins/goal); Sterling (163 mins/goal)

16 - Hazard (183 mins/goal)

14 - Wilson (181 mins/goal)

13 - Murray (193 mins/goal); Lacazette (193 mins/goal); Richarlison (206 mins/goal); Pogba (231 mins/goal); Raul (240 mins/goal); Sigurdsson (241 mins/goal)

12 - Son (170 mins/goal); Lukaku (178 mins/goal); Barnes (199 mins/goal); Firmino (218 mins/goal); Perez (244 mins/goal); King (248 mins/goal); Milivojevic (285 mins/goal)

11 - Rondon (237 mins/goal); Mitrovic (298 mins/goal)

10 - Sane (187 mins/goal)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
To the Mods, Could this thread be moved to the other stuff? ie Achive?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Barnes is/was/will always be shit ���� Ohhhh but he got a goal here and there. Some bum lickers on here are deranged

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Barnes is/was/will always be shit ���� Ohhhh but he got a goal here and there. Some bum lickers on here are deranged

Bit strong but get your sentiments. I was ok, neither here nor there with Barnes really. Spoke to him briefly after the Burnley sending off game, seemed a decent enough chap. But he is at Prem standard if you play football like Burnley, the modern day Wimbledon. He could be their Lawrie Sanchez possibly, I dunno? I would see him as a bench warmer at the Amex if he was with us these days. But he has done, as with Murray and Wood, all played together at the Withdean, a great job of finding a club that suits him and I commend him for his hard work as an honest pro footballer.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pathetic comment considering he's spent a very good chunk of his career in the premier League and is therefore one of the best players in the country.

The Albion genuinely had some poor players twenty or so years ago in the bottom tier. Your comment may have been more appropriate then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Moved to the other stuff?! Booooooooooo!

If it has to be moved from the main board, it should go in NSC Gold!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Moved to the other stuff?! Booooooooooo!

If it has to be moved from the main board, it should go in NSC Gold!

I moved it back. Not sure why it was moved.

Regardless of the title, I just think of it as the "Ashley Barnes post-Albion" thread.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this thread has been on here for 7 years .....so why move it now.....FFS , this place is getting weird.....a great day on the pitch and still some twit is waving their sword about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here