Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes is off if buying clubs meet asking price...

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I'd say that to say Barnes is a 20 goal a season striker in this division would be foolish. Ulloa is a 20 goal a season striker. Jordan Rhodes is a 20 goal a season striker. Charlie Austin is a 20 goal a season striker. Barnes is a million miles off that category. He is a hard working, of that there is no doubt, but he just misses chance after chance after chance. Now he is, thankfully, off penalties, there is NO WAY that he will get near 20 goals.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd say that to say Barnes is a 20 goal a season striker in this division would be foolish. Ulloa is a 20 goal a season striker. Jordan Rhodes is a 20 goal a season striker. Charlie Austin is a 20 goal a season striker. Barnes is a million miles off that category. He is a hard working, of that there is no doubt, but he just misses chance after chance after chance. Now he is, thankfully, off penalties, there is NO WAY that he will get near 20 goals.

Care to place a wager on that? Money to REMF.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Didn't Barnes get 16 goals the season before and that not playing in his best position, If that was CMS you would probably be creaming yourself

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Care to place a wager on that? Money to REMF.

Nah, because, to be honest, he may well go on prove that he is, in fact, a 20 goal a season man. I don't have enough belief in my sporting predictions to waste my money on them, not after I predicted the Lions would get a kicking in the last test against Australia.

That is just my opinion from watching him the past 3 and a bit seasons.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Didn't Barnes get 16 goals the season before and that not playing in his best position, If that was CMS you would probably be creaming yourself

I have seen enough of CMS missing sitters in the Championship to realise that he is no 20 goal a season man either. Not when he is played up front on his own. He might score more playing alongside Ulloa, that would suit his game. I don't see how it would help suit Barnes's.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Nah, because, to be honest, he may well go on prove that he is, in fact, a 20 goal a season man. I don't have enough belief in my sporting predictions to waste my money on them, not after I predicted the Lions would get a kicking in the last test against Australia.

That is just my opinion from watching him the past 3 and a bit seasons.

Okely doke. Someone (somerset, probably) will take the bet. He probably won't get 20 but, assuming he stays, I'm very confident he'll get 15+. We shall see.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He is 23. He has had 2 full seasons and a part season as a teenager, in the Championship and learning all the time. Murray took until he was 29 to get 30 goals in the Championship.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I think that Murray has, and for as long as I have have seen him play, has had, things that Barnes doesn't. He wins pretty much every header going, can occupy a back four on his own, and generally has a better touch. Not too mention a better shot. The only thing that I can think that Barnes does better that Murray is that he works harder, sometimes. I understand that you are saying that he still needs time to develop, but I am not sure that he has the skills needed to keep developing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Okely doke. Someone (somerset, probably) will take the bet. He probably won't get 20 but, assuming he stays, I'm very confident he'll get 15+. We shall see.

Maximum 10....

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
How much? Or, rather than money, will you instead shut up moaning about him on here for a season?

That would be a bet to far, can never shut up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes will prove the doubters wrong imo. Be a real shame if it was with another club, especially one of our rivals

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A good source? unless your in with TB/DB/OG/PB its only speculation, no one had a clue about the Chicksen kid. So unless its an official club statement its all bollocks to be honest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He hasn't so far......

Would it be a shame if we got decent money for him?

Well I have no complaints about his year on year improvement and if the 1-1.5 million suggested on here is correct I don't think that's decent money. As said before we will struggle to replace him for that sort of money..imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here