Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes is off if buying clubs meet asking price...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Utter, utter nonsense.

you are Bensgrandad, and I claim my £5.

Both the above comments are actually wrong in my view, not too unusual for you though HK, you do tend to go with whatever the popular view is....I prefer independent thought, its so liberating, try it sometime.

By the way, I don't want one of your standard forum wars, we have both opined, leave it there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both the above comments are actually wrong, not too unusual for you though HK, you do tend to go with whatever the popular view is....I prefer independent thought, its so liberating, try it sometime.

Has it ever occured to you, that in many cases, 'the popular view' is just that, for a reason?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure it's fair to compare the disciplinary record of a forward & centre back. How many of GG's sendings off have been professional fouls?

Barnes' 2 sending offs last year were completely avoidable. I'm not knocking him, I'm very keen on Ashley but it's an area of his game he needs to sort out.

It's not professional to headbutt an opposing player. You've just proved my point about selective memory for players.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I'd be slightly disappointed to see Barnes go. When he's bad, he's very bad, but when he's good, he can be one of our best players.

Wonder if Plymouth put a sell-on clause in the original deal.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He can EASILY bring in a young, talented, improving ENGLISH striker with a ratio of about 1 in 2 when playing upfront?!

I'll have some of whatever you're on.
Did I say English ? For 1 million we would be able to get something a lot better than Barnes in my opinion. And if he is sold no doubt the new manager agrees.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Did I say English ? For 1 million we would be able to get something a lot better than Barnes in my opinion. And if he is sold no doubt the new manager agrees.

Couldn't disagree more. £1 million buys you almost nothing these days.
Despite 10 matches suspended and being played on the left all season, he almost got top scorer. If Prem teams are interested, there's a reason why.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think the problem with that is that Greer and Dunk are too similar. Dunk is basically a worse version of Greer at current. I think it's good to have a balance, a ball player and a workhorse, a JT and a Rio if you will.

Except teams just let el-abd have the ball as they know he can't hurt them, do much better with Greer and upson as both are much better at using the ball, El Abd is perfect back up and I am happy to see him with us still

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Roy Keane
Patrick Vieira
Gennaro Gattuso,
Sergio Busquets

all proof that petulant players bring nothing to their teams....

So, the only thing these players brought to the teams they played for was petulance, yes? Or are you trying to say that all petulant players are great? :shrug:

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
In his day in the right mood he's gravy. It's such a great pity he didn't always seem in the mood, might have been a left wing thing our a Gus thing or an Ash thing.

Would be nice to see if he can produce the goods consistently for Oscar.
If he can't fine too see him go, will still be disappoint in him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here