Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Enough is enough......

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Fair enough, but I think there's only about 3 of us.

True enough, I think I'm motivated to respond by the boo boys, there's a lot more than 3 who perform at the Amex!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm sorry but he offered nothing today.

I'm getting fed up with the 'oh but he puts in a lot of defensive work for the team' ... I didn't see him put a tackle in all game and seems scared to tackle in case he picks up his 5th booking.

I'm sure some of the Barnes lovers will tell me I don't understand football or what Gus is asking him to do and how is goal scoring record is better than other players but Orlandi offered more in 20mins than he has for weeks,

He knew nothing about the goal he scored today and while other players were also poor he seems to be the one that keeps his place no matter how he plays.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I'm getting fed up with the 'oh but he puts in a lot of defensive work for the team' ... I didn't see him put a tackle in all game and seems scared to tackle in case he picks up his 5th booking.

I'm sure some of the Barnes lovers will tell me I don't understand football or what Gus is asking him to do and how is goal scoring record is better than other players but Orlandi offered more in 20mins than he has for weeks,

He knew nothing about the goal he scored today and while other players were also poor he seems to be the one that keeps his place no matter how he plays.

I'm a Barnes lover but today he was crap. BUT the goal proved he is a centre forward and not A f***ing LEFT WINGER!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I'll shorten that for. He's shit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
shit that scores

where were the others when the goal went in ?

I take it you watched his match contribution today and the last game and the before that and so on......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Simply not good enough at this level, surely Poyet must see this.

Can finish but needs 4-5 clear cut chances to do so.

Work rate is average and doesn't read the game at this level.

Bring Back Bryan Wade!! simply not good enough on NSC, surely Bozza can see this.

Can't post but needs 4-5 clear cut efforts to do so.

Post rate is average and doesn't read sensible posts at this level.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I'm bored (to use a popular description at the moment) of watching Barnes waste chance after chance. His goals per chance ratio is shit. I'm bored of watching Gus pick him week after week. Has he got something over Gus? Or is Gus' so one dimesional, that he has to have a defensive striker playing out of position? Why doesn't he select a natural midfielder if he wants to play 4-5-1? Why continue to keep putting Barn Door in there? If he went 4-4-2 with a proper striker, we might see some return - but Gus is so stuborn - we will continue with this formation.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I take it you watched his match contribution today and the last game and the before that and so on......

only player to score ........in what is it 5 matches
even the saint Peter Ward had some shite games and scored
PLEASE GET A GRIP WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND AT THIS MOMENT 9TH

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barnes may have known nothing much about that goal, but is that any different to the two goals CMS 'scored' off the back of Barnes' efforts v Barnsley?

When CMS did it, NSC declared it 'goalscorers' instinct'. When it comes off Barnes' shin it can only be pure fluke.

It's all terribly dull and predictable.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I'm bored (to use a popular description at the moment) of watching Barnes waste chance after chance. His goals per chance ratio is shit. I'm bored of watching Gus pick him week after week. Has he got something over Gus? Or is Gus' so one dimesional, that he has to have a defensive striker playing out of position? Why doesn't he select a natural midfielder if he wants to play 4-5-1? Why continue to keep putting Barn Door in there? If he went 4-4-2 with a proper striker, we might see some return - but Gus is so stuborn - we will continue with this formation.

Same for Leeds as well and the next game and the next game............

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And If Barnes left and went to another team and started scoring hatfuls of goals the same people moaning about how bad he is would then be demanding that he was re-signed or gus dropped a bollock in letting him leave. Like i said on another thread without his goal today it would have been another defeat becaue the other 9 outfield players never had the nous to be in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here