Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ashley Barnes: Burnley forward signs new contract to 2022

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Perfect example of over rating a player.
Laughable to make a comparison with Zamora.

As they are the only two former Albion strikers to have forged a career in the premier league, it seems the most apt comparison that can be made.

One is a complete legend, the other has been deemed 'over-rated' by many.

The one 'over-rated' has scored more goals per game in the premier league than the complete legend.

I think that's food for thought :)

But if you like, Glenn Murray has scored 36 goals in 132 premier league games, so he beats them both. We re-signed the right one :thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People who still question Barnes ability utter madness.

Barnes and Vicente had an unbelieveable understand, a coincendence that one of the best players ever to play for the Albion had an natural understanding with Vicente. Obviously I joke, but the point stands, Barnes had something a little special, as good as Glenn and Bobby both who are heros at this club. Just a shame people still feel need to put him down to suit their own agenda.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It happened at Withdean often enough, and at the Amex too. Shameful really.

That's rewriting history. I have no memory of him getting grief at Withdean, in fact he was an important part of the promotion from league 1. He started to be less popular when he turned out to be a bit of a weak link in Poyet's passing team.
Also don't remember him being booed at the Amex, just one almighty groan when he picked up the ball to take a penalty at a time when he was missing sitters for fun.
It seems a more industrial game suits him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here