Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes appreciations thread

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck Ash. You certainly worked hard for the team and improved a lot in your time at our club.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good luck Ash. One of the most committed and hardworking players I have ever seen pull on the stripes.

I'll miss his angry performances, up-yours celebrations, that drop-to-your-knees free kick routine and post match interview gaffes but not the Brighton boo boys who so loved to get on his back.

Oh and who can forget the kick-the-ref incident. THAT is Albion history.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Top fella always gave 100% and had some moments of brilliance. I had the privilege of sitting beside him at Withdean when he out injured. He chatted away to me and my boys and signed autographs throughout the match. He came across as a really good bloke and very professional. Good luck Ash!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Gutted to see him go. Always gave 100% and in my opinion was the most natural centre forward we had.

Good luck at Burnley and will be in for a good reception when he returns to the amex

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Goodbye Ashley, you will remain my display picture until I am finished mourning your loss. You were my favourite player, you gave your all, you scored goals, you held up play brilliantly. Your game improved markedly since you've been here and it's been a pleasure to watch you become a really good player in quite a few different positions. Best of luck in Burnley, you will be missed.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ashley grew with the club as we grew into our new home. I think he'll have a long and successful career. I'm sad that it won't be with us.

Good luck at Burnley, Ashley, but please don't score against us if it's an important goal (I'll forgive a cheeky consolation).

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Underrated player. Best of luck.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I believe in Ashley Barnes

images

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
Goodbye Ash, thanks for the memories. I often felt he was more appreciated by those who had played the game, than those that have a win only mentality and that we witnessed him mature from an angry youth to a player who understands "rewards come from graft".

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Underrated & under-valued. A real grafter with real passion. You'll be missed. Good luck Ashley.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Ashley Barnes was one of those rare players that had true passion. This sometimes got him in trouble but it made him the player he is. His hard work makes up for his technical shortfalls and its rare to see a player that doesn't just rest on the ability that he has, he has always done what he is told even when isolated and frustrated. Great player, he will be missed.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for the goals, Ash and the battling. We always appreciate battlers. Hope all goes well at your new club, except when they play us, of course :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here