Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes: 3rd Test @ Perth

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Aussie gits on test match special talking about the South African test. 100-1 we'll survive but could a miracle happen tonight? No.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
"There are more English fans than Australian supporters inside the Waca today. Do the locals not realise the Ashes are at stake today? I suppose it is a Tuesday morning."

Shocking!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well this has been well worth staying up for. Let's hope for more of the same in the next session. Mission impossible could be on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bollox, jinxed it. Stokes gone for 120. Great innings though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And goodnight. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Before I go to bed though, just want to see how many " Ah look...." I can count in the first Aussie interview. My money's on minimum 10.

Jokes aside. Well played to 'em. Thouroughly deserved Ashes victory.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
pathetic, pitiful and insipid, so embarrassed and copping shit from all sides, not to mention shelling out cash big time. Utter bollocks England, utter bollocks.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Send them home

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I did toy with getting up early in the forlorn hope that we could still be batting but decided to stay in bed as hope is sometimes not enough. Well done Ben Stokes though, 6 England innings before one of our batsmen scores three figures succinctly shows why we are losing 3-0 .... one century in 6O England wickets.

If you can make 350 batting first you will win more matches than you lose. This is the first time we have made 350+ in 6 attempts.
Cook says " We have been outskilled in all departments " , glad you noticed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
"There are more English fans than Australian supporters inside the Waca today. Do the locals not realise the Ashes are at stake today? I suppose it is a Tuesday morning."

Shocking!

Perth has the highest concentration of Poms in Australia, that aside pathetic support from the Australian public, and its cheap to watch cricket in Australia FFS!!!

Whilst I do it through gritted teeth, fair play to the Ozzies, completely unclassed us in every area. Just hope we can at least restore some pride and ruin the boxing day test for them.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I hear the pundits claim Bell to be our most technically correct batter. Well. I've be coaching cricket for many a year, the last 6 at county youth level, and I've never coached any batter to play the "airy waft" to a rising bouncer. The technique is simple, if the ball is above your eye-line, you duck or weave. If the ball is at chest, neck or head [below eyes] you hook - but not if there is a long leg or deep square leg - revert to duck or weave. Chest / waist height should be pulled, but ensuring bat path is high to low so as not to offer a catch.

The Bell "airy waft" - more risky than a KP reverse slog sweep - leave that to T20 .... show some patience, we had 5 fecking sessions to bat.
i know hes a good batsman

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did toy with getting up early in the forlorn hope that we could still be batting but decided to stay in bed as hope is sometimes not enough. Well done Ben Stokes though, 6 England innings before one of our batsmen scores three figures succinctly shows why we are losing 3-0 .... one century in 6O England wickets.

If you can make 350 batting first you will win more matches than you lose. This is the first time we have made 350+ in 6 attempts.
Cook says " We have been outskilled in all departments " , glad you noticed.

We haven't made 400 in 11 test matches now, not since NZ away in March in the 2nd test.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We haven't made 400 in 11 test matches now, not since NZ away in March in the 2nd test.

That's the key stat i'd say. It's easy to examine our bowling attack, but if we consistently fal to post a decent first (and 2nd) Innings score, it's never going to be easy to shine with the ball; as we're immediately on the back foot and trying to stop runs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here