Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes: 3rd Test @ Perth

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Still think we won't lose this test. Sure we're not going to win it, but I think we will get close enough, or even just passed their first innings score and we'll get a draw. That will put some much needed confidence back into the side, they'll have bit of a re-group over the 9 day break, then smash the Aussies in Melbourne and Sydney and bring the urn home.

hope you're right, I've got a score on 2 all for the series, bring it on!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
O right. Are you giving the motivational speech before play tomorrow morning? :rolleyes:

No, but I have effectively written the script for the screenplay of what is going to occur in the next 3 days. I doubt anything I could say would motivate this team at the moment, if their own coaches, manager, psychiatrists and dieticians and former players can't do it, no one can.

larus

Just wish I shared your confidence. Don't see any change in attitude amongst the batsman. They should have targetted batting for best part of two days. All attacking shots left in the locker-room. Grinding it out, over after over. The first two Tests saw wickets regularly gifted to the Aussies...have we learnt...no....Cook and Pietersen still chucking it away. Those two are culpable...Captain and leading batsmen...were fundamental to us saving this game. It just seems that KP doesn't want any responsibility. He'll play solidly for a while and then its mad-dog time, trying to thrash his way out of trouble, with inevitable consequences. He now gives it away so often that he is a liability. He cannot be trusted anymore.
The Aussies know they only have to keep the ball on or around off-stump and we will get out. Don't put any money on Prior or Broad getting us out of this. It just has inevitability written all over it.
The Aussies are nothing special. They are just playing tighter cricket. Batting more responsibly and bowling more accurately. They learnt a lot of lessons in the summer. They knew a number of these England players don't like quick wickets and hostile bowling. They knew Anderson wouldn't be a threat down under. They knew the top order was struggling and was bailed out by Bell. Above all, they knew if they could put early pressure on England, they would crack.

Excellent summary. Couldn't agree more. We've relied in the last 12-18 months on someone stepping up and doing something special, but overall, this team in on the wane. Time to let some of the old 'uns go, and rebuild for the future. I want to have good memories of this team, not bad ones for hanging around too long.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm reluctantly still watching, but growing ever more concerned that this is turning into some perverse form of flagellation. I don't want to watch it, but I feel obliged out of self loathing.

'Mon the England!

its proper car crash cricket,god knows why i am still watching

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
its proper car crash cricket,god knows why i am still watching

I'm putting it down to denial.

Half of me is expecting a 1990's Hugh Grant to swan onto the pitch, hit 500 runs before single handedly bowling the Australians out in time for tea.

The other half is were loose and i want watch.

Car crash is right.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh bugger. Just got home in time to see the 9th wicket go down. we are i deep doo doo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here