Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ooh it’s a corner;10135293 said:
Yes well spotted. I think that’s what made the ‘68 Oval pic so special with all 11 of the fielding team in close proximity. What a solid England batting line up too - in more ways than one with Milburn, Cowdrey and Graveney there!

I'm so old I can name all 11 of those fielders. Decent team that

Sadly, only four are still with us

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
12–3. Usual shambles, wickets falling like ninepins, nobody able to stay in for more than five minutes...

Oh.

It's...

Australia batting?!!!!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
One of the best dismissals I have ever seen. When I was a kid I I played a match for a mens team and the oppo were clearly drunk. I remember getting a bloke out in pretty much the same way the world test number one got out. The fella I got was wasted and fell over his front leg and bowled him. So basically the same. Remarkable.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I'm so old I can name all 11 of those fielders. Decent team that

Sadly, only four are still with us

Yes me too Gwylan. How times have changed. I can remember sitting at Hove with a friend, SCORING a county game. I suspect there are few youngsters doing that these days - it may also suggest I was a little strange but hey-ho!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can Australia pick the Travis Head who played for Sussex last season; I'm not fond of this one

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Travis Head fast turning into the only Sussex player England have touched that they haven't ruined

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Ooh it’s a corner;10135293 said:
Yes well spotted. I think that’s what made the ‘68 Oval pic so special with all 11 of the fielding team in close proximity. What a solid England batting line up too - in more ways than one with Milburn, Cowdrey and Graveney there!

The Oval pic is indeed special...and as you say, those batsmen, real chunky characters, and they could bat too!! And Dolly. Being a Sussex boy I also remember fondly the Parks, Greig, Dexter, Snow eras. Somehow, over the years, cricket has lost some of that old magic for me. Not sure why, probably just my getting older ����

Last edited:

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Nice evening here in Hobart, everybody getting a start then throwing it away as usual. 16422385915797641846514051077905.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here