Ash barnes goal celebration?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The great thing about Ash is the way that he puts so much effort into each game and into his training....just look at his penalty taking....he didn't become the expert he has between last season and this one by only taking a couple of practice kicks, he has spent time on this skill and he's improved. I'd much prefer a player like this than one who has some skill and then doesn't work at improving himself. Harley!?
Ash does a job for the team like AEA. He is an unsung hero who will flourish under Lord Gus and eventually win everyone over. Give the boy a new contract.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Now Messi. There's another one. Sometimes he does nothing apart from score goals. Never understand how he lasts 90 minutes!

EAST STAND ASH BARNES FANS SAY GOOD ON YOU!!!!!!!!!
Our little group luv him, he does make a few boobs but he scores GOALS and everytime he does we go MAD!!!!!! fingers up to the boo boys in the Stadium.
Plus he works very hard in defence.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gus never seems to sub Barnes, that just seems to show how much Gus rates him and yet again Gus calls it right as Ash gets the equaliser and then sets up the second goal.

Last season up top we had Barnes and Murray, lets compare the two. Murray got 25 goals last season, Ash 20 goals. Murray leaves for a serious pay rise at Palace and look what return Crapstal get back for him, 6 goals and a serious attitude problem. Barnes stays and he has to adapt to a new role, he becomes virtually an ever present in that postion and is leading scorer, with double Murray's tally (pens still have to be scored and after last season, thank goodness Ash seems to be good at them) also outscoring a (record) £3.5M signing. Another £1M striker can't get in ahead of him and has to go on loan.

He also now has a different role with more defensive requirements than last season but at present still seems higher in the pecking order than more regular midfielders Vincelot, Sparrow, Vicente to name but three.

Ashley Barnes has had a superb season, not necessarily the best player on our books, but if there was an award for most improved player I can't think of too many other challenging him this season. Keep up the good work, son.
Yet bizarrly Poyet has allowed his contract to run down, instead of making sure he's signed up long term???

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For me it's simple.....

If you are a true supporter, you support the whole team even when a player has an off day. If you feel the need to boo or barrack our players don't bother coming.
Couldn't agree with that more. Whatever people think of any player, you never let them have it at the game... ever... period. Unless they are lacking effort and not trying, and for everything I say about Barnes, no one could say that about him.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Yet bizarrly Poyet has allowed his contract to run down, instead of making sure he's signed up long term???

Some players play better when they are playing for a new contract or move. I can only assume Gus see's Barnes as one of these players.

A good example is RVP at Arsenal who has been outstanding this season and his contract is up this year.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I've been watching Barnes since he came on loan to Eastbourne Borough in the first Conference season. He brought a real spark to that team and his development since then has been a pleasure to see.

The word that described him best for me is "diligent". He's an efficient, reliable and understated player who continues to learn and continues to refine his game. And he scores goals, in a league many people thought would be too good for him. I hope we hang on to him for a long time because players with his qualities don't come along that often.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I may his biggest critic on here, but Gotta say I thought Ashley had one of the best games he's had for a while today. I know a lot of people will not understand that, as his name did not appear on the scoresheet :lol:

Seemed to play a less defensive role, but certainly more advanced but much deeper than Vokes. Got through a lot of positive work, and didn't look a class below everyone else (well apart from sending a large section of the East Stand diving for cover from that shot in teh 2nd half!!) , and I was watching him through my usual tinted specs. Certainly I thought the role he had today suited him and the team a lot better than his usual role.

And two things...

as one of Barnes best known and handsomeist critics on here can I request something

Stop shouting abuse or shit at him (or anyone else) during the game. It's pathetic. I'm up for anyone to say what they like on here, but FFS give the kid a break inside the f***ing ground. He's part of our football club, like it or not, so support him.

Say what you want on here, its a fans forum/discussion board, and if player wants to and take notice of whats said on here, then more fool them, but its compeletly uncalled for inside the ground where they have no choice but the listen to it. I still stand by what I say about him on here, and will continue to say what I want untill my opinion changes, but its a fans discussion board, and thats where opinion and comments of this type belong, not thrown in the players face at the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports