Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asamoah Gyan?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I find the standards on here quite convenient at times.

- If it's our own player who wants to move for money, it's perfectly ok because.. it's a job! Wouldn't you switch jobs for more money?? blah blah
- A player is available who has switched clubs due to money - don't want him, mercenary!

Re. Gyan - no thank you, he's a mercenary :whistle:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This is getting really annoying why are every other club in The Championship reported as being in for players and we are not, so it seems.

For about the first time, I agree with you. It's getting bloody frustrating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the pilchard fiasco and the clubs previous transfer dealings I guess we can safely say Afobe, Gyan, Dack or Harris will not be joining the Albion.

Any others we can cross off?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They were our bad games last season but yesterday although against better opposition we were as bad. Hopefully that was our low point this season.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider being beaten 2-0 at a club who are probably going to win the league, a low point. As I said before, many clubs are going to come away from there with far more than a 2-0 defeat.

I really don't think we need to analyse this too much, we are only five games into the season. Let's all move on and look forward to Brentford.

Ok ok, this is NSC, and I know there isn't a fat chance in hell of that happening.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sorry, but I don't consider being beaten 2-0 at a club who are probably going to win the league, a low point. As I said before, many clubs are going to come away from there with far more than a 2-0 defeat.

I really don't think we need to analyse this too much, we are only five games into the season. Let's all move on and look forward to Brentford.

Ok ok, this is NSC, and I know there isn't a fat chance in hell of that happening.

Amen, brother. Amen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sayng we should sign Gyan but is frustrating to hear of other clubs like Reading giving a player a medical tomorrow and we have nothing on the horizon. it seems perhaps we shall have some news within the next 3 days. Derby signing players, Fulham said to be signing Martin from Derby and Norwich gazumping us for Pritchard. So frustrating being a Brighton supporter at times.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I am not sayng we should sign Gyan but is frustrating to hear of other clubs like Reading giving a player a medical tomorrow and we have nothing on the horizon. it seems perhaps we shall have some news within the next 3 days. Derby signing players, Fulham said to be signing Martin from Derby and Norwich gazumping us for Pritchard. So frustrating being a Brighton supporter at times.

Who says nothing is on the horizon? Every time a player is leaked we get beaten to the punch so I should think it's all going on quietly. There are 3 days left and we will do our best to sign good players that suit us. We won t be spending crazy money like Derby I doubt. Brings BHA fan has always been this way. I would go as far to say this has been one of the best times ever certainly in my life time of 30 plus years. We broke our transfer record this week and we look like we have a competitive squad.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Your doctor can prescribe Anti Depressants you know!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

there's a common denominator in your statement, that probably doesn't apply to us.....££££££......didn't CH offload Martin from Norwich ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
there's a common denominator in your statement, that probably doesn't apply to us.....££££££......didn't CH offload Martin from Norwich ?

Yes he did so probably we wouldnt sign him again but as regards £££££ it easy for me to say, as many have in the past, as it is not mine to spend but perhaps we need to spend a bundle to receive the prize £170m in the Premier.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Who says nothing is on the horizon? Every time a player is leaked we get beaten to the punch so I should think it's all going on quietly. There are 3 days left and we will do our best to sign good players that suit us. We won t be spending crazy money like Derby I doubt. Brings BHA fan has always been this way. I would go as far to say this has been one of the best times ever certainly in my life time of 30 plus years. We broke our transfer record this week and we look like we have a competitive squad.

Bang on the money. Some of our fans need a reality check. One of the best squads we have had in years in my opinion even if/when we do lose Stephens.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Three strikers, one of whom is a loanee, will not be enough to mount a sustained promotion campaign this year with injuries/suspensions etc. We need at least one more striker FFS, not in January but now. It will be desperately disappointing if we fail again to sign a new forward; and no excuses will be good enough this time round.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I found playing at Gillingham and hearing about us trying to tie up deals at Withdean with extra tanks of petrol far more frustrating, what is going on now is a bit irritating but we have pulled late master strokes before. Come on stop behaving like a spoilt 15 year old :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Remember his unsettling non-performance for Sunderland at the Amex.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Three strikers, one of whom is a loanee, will not be enough to mount a sustained promotion campaign this year with injuries/suspensions etc. We need at least one more striker FFS, not in January but now. It will be desperately disappointing if we fail again to sign a new forward; and no excuses will be good enough this time round.

Think your missing what I'm saying. I agree we do and say so in this thread. Ideally with no loan window I'd like 2 more in. An out and out striker and a AM as well as a replacement for Strphens if he's gone. However as I said to BG and others this is BHA we are not going to try and blow 20 million quid on 2 strikers. We will do it our way quietly and at a reasonable cost for us. However even if we didn't which would be disappointing this is one of the best squads this club has pieced together. Our record transfer was broken this week. I think it will be broken again before the end of Wednesday on an attacking player but we are not going to throw money around on 30 year old has been a who won't be interested 95% of the time

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's clearly not the player for us but if we do things the right way and keep getting play-offs then eventually we'll not have dreadful luck.

We can gamble and overspend, but it's likely for one chance. If it doesn't happen then we stitch our finances up not only for the next season, but the whole wage structure etc. is broken for the rest of time.

I think if we sign Dack (would have prefered Pritchard but not to be, and have sneaky feeling Dack could develop over time well) then I think we have a much better squad this year with new CB, Norwood, Murray and Dack type player. Only players gone are aging subs or players who didn't even make the bench. Good progress even if only keeping pace with the improved Championship.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Going by his interview on SSN, he looks quite a 'flamboyant' character that would be quite at home in a certain part of town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here