As the Sky Sports cameras descend on The Withdean..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revilop

All aboard the Gus bus!
Jul 13, 2010
Worthing, West Sussex
As the Sky Sports cameras descend on The Withdean this saturday for the Bournemouth game, any chance there could be a bit of an atmosphere??

Would be nice to show the country our support at home is as good as when we travel away!

:albion1:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Should be a good atmosphere if we go 1 down , down to 10 men or the Ref makes a few clangers.

Otherwise it will be pretty muted I'd imagine.

Sad but true

I'm certainly going to be vocal as per usual however

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Revilop - do you think a roof would change the atmosphere (not simply by keeping people dry)? It seems tome that people shouting in the South stand hear nothing because the sound goes straight up - it's not enclosed. I have occasionally sat in the North - and there's quite a good noise even without a cover.

Not sure you can lump the lack of atmosphere on the fans totally.

One last thought borrowed from people complaining about traffic jams, might be aposite: "Don't blame the traffic, you are the traffic".

Revilop

All aboard the Gus bus!
Jul 13, 2010
Worthing, West Sussex
A roof would certainly help matters, but when the whole stand is singing it is an incredible atmosphere, without a roof.. I think we should be able to replicate this atmosphere without the need for us to score/ have a man sent off or concede! It should be buzzing for atleast 75% of the time, not only if we score!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Revilop - do you think a roof would change the atmosphere (not simply by keeping people dry)? It seems tome that people shouting in the South stand hear nothing because the sound goes straight up - it's not enclosed. I have occasionally sat in the North - and there's quite a good noise even without a cover.

Agreed - from the North Stand the South Stand sounds pretty loud, but there's nothing to make it echo, either above or in front.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yuck, no thanks. I won't be promoting American Express everywhere I go Brighton FC wise. Falmer for me :thumbsup:

Yes, promote those nimbys in the village that the stadium's not even in instead.

In response to the original purpose of the thread, can't see a 12.15 KO having a good atmosphere.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Yes, promote those nimbys in the village that the stadium's not even in instead.

In response to the original purpose of the thread, can't see a 12.15 KO having a good atmosphere.

So why promote 'American' Express? I understand why it's called that and agree with the club accepting the large money offer for just naming rights. A club or our size couldn't turn that down.

Just don't like the name!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So why promote 'American' Express? I understand why it's called that and agree with the club accepting the large money offer for just naming rights. A club or our size couldn't turn that down.

Just don't like the name!

Why promote American Express? Erm... because they're giving the club sh*tloads of money. Seems a good enough reason to me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I shall be ROCKING no matter what the time.

We'll be top by 5 points come 3pm Saturday

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Toilet rolls i miss them.

Banned by Withdean Stasi - you never know, if one reached the pitch it could KILL a player as regularly happened at league grounds around the country in the 80's. Opposition goalkeepers life expectancy in them days was on a par with WW1 pilots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports