Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As if things couldn't get any worse.....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The semantic argument must be doing wonders for the trader's business, with all the free publicity. Where else are shopping areas discussed ad nauseum with regard to their respective names, no doubt enticing wonga-ed customers to try and find a demarcation point between them, and spend, spend, spend while they are at it! Brilliant!

PS Trafalgar Street is the only street in England where you can drive IN at both ends, but can drive OUT at neither (Guiness Book Of Records)...

If we are going off at a tangent, I read once that there is a crossroads in Reading where a ' road ' a ' street ' an ' avenue ' and a ' lane ' all meet. ( The only instance in England )

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The Nelson could fix that sign by just moving that comma from the bottom right of the 's' to the top left.

In fact, I might get a bottle of Tippex and a marker pen and do it for them.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Trafalgar Street is the only street in England where you can drive IN at both ends, but can drive OUT at neither (Guiness Book Of Records)...

Blimey - never knew that ! A wonderful bit of trivia.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Nelson could fix that sign by just moving that comma from the bottom right of the 's' to the top left.

In fact, I might get a bottle of Tippex and a marker pen and do it for them.

Thats what I was going to say, the apostrophe's fallen off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Language evolves despite the will of some.

If this is the worst things can get in your life, I think you are doing pretty well.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
When you walked down the hill from Queens Road that has the back entrance of the North Road Post Office depot a bit further down, I'm sure there was a painted sign high on the corner of a house that said something like, 'The North Laine(s) Conversation Area' (brackets because I can't remember how it was spelt, before getting flamed :lolol: )...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here