Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a Palace fan...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Do football fans only experience heart ache when in the Premier League then?

And don't forget only since 92/93 as well!

To answer the OP's original question I would have to say that in my personal opinion this squad has a much better blend of youthful exuberance, experienced pros and the right smattering of skill with it seems pace in abundance to really push on and take us there.

Add to this that there seems to be no hangover for the players who played last year and who to a man have all upped their games considerably in such a short space of time then I really think CH has worked wonders.

I consider this the best chance to make it in my life time. I really do think that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I consider this the best chance to make it in my life time. I really do think that.
We had a better chance just prior to the second leg of the semi final against Palace.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We had a better chance just prior to the second leg of the semi final against Palace.

True - as we were 'almost there'... to paraphrase Obi Wan Kenob, this time 'Let's just say I'd like to avoid any play-off entanglements. '

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Watford would of done us anyway.

They probably would have done if we'd played like we did against Palace but then we would not have played like we did against Palace otherwise we would not have got to the final which we didn't anyway.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

You say that, but they had a shocking play off final. We thought they'd smash Palace. If they played like that, we might have nicked it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll never know, but from that position (2 games to go) we had a better chance off going up than we currently do this season.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I don't know if its hindsight or because it was them up the road but I'm convinced that something didn't smell right that evening. Also pretty certain that Watford would have put us to the sword as they did in the league.

Maybe Barham's Tash is an extremely young child prodigy.

Lol.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
pretty certain that Watford would have put us to the sword as they did in the league.
I'm fairly sure that wouldn't have happened. We could have lost, we could have won, but we wouldn't have got a repeat of the league game, where we left our half empty for their pace attack to exploit.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I don't know if its hindsight or because it was them up the road but I'm convinced that something didn't smell right that evening. Also pretty certain that Watford would have put us to the sword as they did in the league.

Lol.

Big difference against Watford would have been that Upson had replaced El Abd who Vydra had taken apart. But this is all hypothetical and things weren't right at the club as you suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here