Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] As a Newcastle fan

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Seems unnecessary in this context & certainly harsh on the OP but what @GingerBeerMan is talking about is bigger & more important than either of our clubs. The Newcastle owners shouldn't be within a million miles of our game
Neither should Man City or Abramovich have ever have been, but it only seems to have become an issue since its been Newcastle, I'm vocal as anyone against the Saudi ownership but this person did just pay us a compliment, maybe he's against his own clubs ownership. Football's moral compass doesn't end at Newcastle.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Neither should Man City or Abramovich have ever have been, but it only seems to have become an issue since its been Newcastle, I'm vocal as anyone against the Saudi ownership but this person did just pay us a compliment, maybe he's against his own clubs ownership. Football's moral compass doesn't end at Newcastle.
You're right in both cases. f*** em all. But the Saudi sportswashers are a degree worse

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Saudi blood money. A once proud club that represented a great city reduced to a play thing for a murderous regime.

Never let anyone forget. We want our national sport back.
Trite keyboard warrior postings like the one about the Saudis are easy to make but not particularly useful. If you cast the net wide to attack individuals or their clubs you can end up on shaky ground. For example, our Tony Bloom is a professional gambler, and gambling destroys way more British families and lives, than the Saudis could ever hope to do by being such a..... "murderous regime". Posters who feel strongly about Newcastle football club financing arrangements can perhaps get up close and personal and abuse Dan Burn when he comes back next time to the Amex with his new club, because he is of course playing for the "murderous regime"? For the record I have the utmost respect for Bloom (and Burn) and while the argument is a bit crude, I just wanted to make a point!

Appreciate your comments Acas and good luck for the rest of the year sticking it up the Big Six.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Trite keyboard warrior postings like the one about the Saudis are easy to make but not particularly useful. If you cast the net wide to attack individuals or their clubs you can end up on shaky ground. For example, our Tony Bloom is a professional gambler, and gambling destroys way more British families and lives, than the Saudis could ever hope to do by being such a..... "murderous regime". Posters who feel strongly about Newcastle football club financing arrangements can perhaps get up close and personal and abuse Dan Burn when he comes back next time to the Amex with his new club, because he is of course playing for the "murderous regime"? For the record I have the utmost respect for Bloom (and Burn) and while the argument is a bit crude, I just wanted to make a point!

Appreciate your comments Acas and good luck for the rest of the year sticking it up the Big Six.
You believe Tony's gambling is equivalent to cutting up journalists & public executions?
Seriously?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I've made the same point about Bloom and connections to the gambling industry previously. It is a potential hornets nest that is probably best left alone. It would be interesting to see the Albion fan reaction if, for instance, our next shirt sponsor after Amex was a gambling company.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've made the same point about Bloom and connections to the gambling industry previously. It is a potential hornets nest that is probably best left alone. It would be interesting to see the Albion fan reaction if, for instance, our next shirt sponsor after Amex was a gambling company.
Bloom has said he will never do that, hence why he never entertained betting kiosks at the Amex

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I remember the 1-3 to get to the old first division 1979?) bumped into a gang of Geordies after the match and was on my own. Thought I was about to get a good kicking, but instead they asked to swop scarves and wished us well in the first division..brilliant fans.
Geordie skinheads tried to trip me up for a battering at the station but I flew over the stretched out foot like a seagull and safely made the train. I was on a normal service from the main station, not the Seagulls Special.

Reactions: T.G

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

As others have said, I am not convinced that equating murder with taking money off of bookies is a valid point/argument.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a little sad too see how happy Dan Burn was last night, although I completely get it.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Geordie skinheads tried to trip me up for a battering at the station but I flew over the stretched out foot like a seagull and safely made the train. I was on a normal service from the main station, not the Seagulls Special.
Bastards. Is it worth waiting for the Seagulls Special next time? 🚄

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
You believe Tony's gambling is equivalent to cutting up journalists & public executions?
Seriously?
Never said that. I couldn't give a toss about what happens in Saudi Arabia or Mr Bloom's gambling. The point is someone complimented the club and people come out of the woodwork and attack him on the basis of what they've read about another country they've never been to. Rather graceless stuff methinks.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Never said that. I couldn't give a toss about what happens in Saudi Arabia or Mr Bloom's gambling. The point is someone complimented the club and people come out of the woodwork and attack him on the basis of what they've read about another country they've never been to. Rather graceless stuff methinks.
Are you suggesting that the things Saudi Arabia are accused of didn't happen? No beheading of journalists? Seems a bit odd that you have such a strong opinion about something that happened in a country that you 'couldnt give a toss about'

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We can't criticise the murderous, medieval Saudi if we haven't been there?
Nah, I'm happy being 'graceless', thanks sweetcheeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here