Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] As a Newcastle fan

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Saudi blood money. A once proud club that represented a great city reduced to a play thing for a murderous regime.

Never let anyone forget. We want our national sport back.
How about just taking time to appreciate someone who popped by to pay a compliment ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I have to say watching you guys is an absolute pure pleasure. Fantastic to watch. Fancy you for the Cup this year.
Thank you. Plenty of rounds to go though, so I don't think anyone's getting ahead of themselves after the Carabao Charlton experience.

Enjoy Anthony Gordon. If his signing helps to send Neverton down, all the better.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have to say watching you guys is an absolute pure pleasure. Fantastic to watch. Fancy you for the Cup this year.
I know that your ownership is not popular but Geordies are brilliant people in my experience. I also know that the Big Six are after you like they are us using any tactics (bias VAR/officiating & unsettling players) to put a halt to any team that dares step in their part of the table.

I hope both our teams stay in the top six this season. It’s really tough though.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Thank you. Plenty of rounds to go though, so I don't think anyone's getting ahead of themselves after the Carabao Charlton experience.

Enjoy Anthony Gordon. If his signing helps to send Neverton down, all the better.
I know that your ownership is not popular but Geordies are brilliant people in my experience. I also know that the Big Six are after you like they are us using any tactics (bias VAR/officiating & unsettling players) to put a halt to any team that dares step in their part of the table.

I hope both our teams stay in the top six this season. It’s really tough though.
I remember the 1-3 to get to the old first division 1979?) bumped into a gang of Geordies after the match and was on my own. Thought I was about to get a good kicking, but instead they asked to swop scarves and wished us well in the first division..brilliant fans.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember the 1-3 to get to the old first division 1979?) bumped into a gang of Geordies after the match and was on my own. Thought I was about to get a good kicking, but instead they asked to swop scarves and wished us well in the first division..brilliant fans.
I'm guessing a victory that kept Sunderland down probably helped !

I wasn't there, being only 10, but I do wonder what time folk got back. Were you on the charter train thingy ?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
You made the effort to hold a hand out and be decent , typical Newcastle lad imho , very easy to get on with as i know one in particular who when we were drunk as **** one Sunday took great delight at me modelling his shirt for a bet , damn rash still hasn`t gone :lolol: , seriously , nice one mate (y)

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

I wasn't there, being only 10, but I do wonder what time folk got back. Were you on the charter train thingy ?
I was on a coach and we passed the Sunderland fans on the motorway... a few gestures were given and received!.....Bitter lot those Mackems!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was on a coach and we passed the Sunderland fans on the motorway... a few gestures were given and received!.....Bitter lot those Mackems!
Did the coaches go from Pool Valley then and what time did you get back ? I've always asked questions about that day as I've wanted to piece together folk's experiences.

Although I was only 10, I remember those few days so well. Thatcher won the election on the Thursday and I went to a village hall in Danehill on the Friday for a weekend stay with the BB.

I remember on the Saturday we were at Sheffield Park when the Albion were playing. I spent half that weekend ringing home I hated being away so much.

My family went to the bus thing on the Sunday and I was stuck in the middle of the countryside.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Dad drove us up the day before in a Ford Granada Estate he borrowed from work (a garage he worked at). Three of us slept in the back for the night. He'd parked up close to the university. Following morning knock on the window and it was the Dean, he allowed us to park inside the grounds. Remember walking through the park and then the game. Can't remember a lot ( aged 10) but we were in the seats and someone produced a bottle of champagne with plastic glasses handing them out about midway through the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here