Arundel roadworks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mar 13, 2008
Depends what time. Sat in them for 25 minutes last monday morning at about 8. Or about 2/3 minutes late at night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you have to be on the A27 come off just after Fontwell.

Slindon, Whiteways, straight over to Amberley, Storrington, Washington, Steyning, Shoreham flyover.

I can't for the life of me remember the road number.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
if you have to be on the a27 come off just after fontwell.

Slindon, whiteways, straight over to amberley, storrington, washington, steyning, shoreham flyover.

a29/b2139/a283

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
From Somerset you are better off heading for the M25 and M23 and down that way...much quicker. I'm in Salisbury and that's what I'll be doing.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Hi

Coming up from Somerset Saturday - anyone know how bad the roadworks at arundel will be

Thanks

Depends on time of day. Today so much rush hour traffic was going through Ford down to LA that it was tailed back to the level crossing at Ford station from the A259 r/b. It would have been quicker to cut through Arundel and join the queue at the station r/b. There was no queue coming into Arundel.

Early am/evening then just go through - it will make little difference.

During the day then it's pot luck. I would normally drop off the A27 at Walberton then down Ford Lane to Ford and the A259 but that's going home to Rustington. If I was going to Brighton then I would probably grin and bear it if you can blast through the town again as dropping down and then having to plod past LA, Rustington, East Preston is not going to save much time. The A29 option is not a bad idea either but can be slow if you behind a truck or tractor.

The M25/M23 could work. It's longer both in mileage and time (on paper) but is more likely to be faster, flowing traffic.

Just so you know, after the game I am normally back home by 6:15 in Rustington so you would be hitting Arundel at a similar time assuming you leave after the whistle. It is likely to still be busy then so if you do go the A27 and hit the queue then you will have to stick it out as you won't be able to turn off within at least a mile of roadworks. Give it an hour or so and it should be pretty painless.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If you have to be on the A27 come off just after Fontwell.

Slindon, Whiteways, straight over to Amberley, Storrington, Washington, Steyning, Shoreham flyover.

Plus, it's a belting drive - you make good time plus driving down Houghton hill on a sunny day gives you a stonking view.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If coming from Somerset why not have a look at the A303, watch the speed cameras, and then down A34 to Winchester and A272 through Petersfield, Midhurst Billingshurst to Bolney and then A23 bit longer but you will keep moving all the way and plenty of places to stop off for food or drink.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's a bloody nightmare, sheer bloody murder and dire for readers in Arundel also so please support them with a visit later in the Summer

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Travelled by coach last Wednesday from Lancing to Winchester and return. Driver went Shoreham, Storrington, Amberley to Fontwell and returned the same way. The coach ran to the same timings as originally predicted when the booking was made some months ago going via Arundel .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports