Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Artists of more than 20 years' standing making new music to match their early greats?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Chemical Brothers - saw them in 1997 at Brixton academy on the the dig your own hole tour and seen them many times throughout their career. Got tickets for the O2 in November and the new album is excellent.
Playing Glastonbury tonight... can’t wait, even if you’re not a big fan of electronic music the shows are always outstanding.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Chemical Brothers - saw them in 1997 at Brixton academy on the the dig your own hole tour and seen them many times throughout their career. Got tickets for the O2 in November and the new album is excellent.
Playing Glastonbury tonight... can’t wait, even if you’re not a big fan of electronic music the shows are always outstanding.

Good shout. No Geography their best work in 20 years.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Wire
Killing Joke
Half Man Half Biscuit
The Stranglers (back to their best after the bland AOR of the 1990s and early 2000s)
P. J. Harvey

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If the OP is feeling generous with his definition of 20 years then I’ll add Hot Chip. They just scrap in the 20 years criteria.

Damon Albarn got a mention earlier. People should note the sheer quantity of his output as well as the quality.

Agree with this - e g A Bathful of Ecstasy is a stonker!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We won't know for another 20 years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You mock, but he's been going 40 years, so must be doing something right!

It’s just proof that we all have very different opinions on what is great music. Whilst I accept Numan is a hero and brilliant in many people’s eyes, his music has always left me cold. Cars has to be up there with the most irritating moronic songs that I have ever heard :shrug:

I haven’t gone out of my way to listen to his music but I have heard quite a bit on the radio and have seen the occasional concert clips and I just don’t get the raving about him.

He obviously does what he does very well but it all sounds shit to me. And I do mean unlistenable shit :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here