Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Artificial Intelligence

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm never sure if I'd consider the government being good at IT to be a good thing.
Considering the amount they mess up now, imagine the damage they could cause once they've mastered become basically competent at computing.
Government outsource nearly all their IT projects. There are a plethora of things bids are managed against but the biggest weighting is always price. You therefore end up with the cheapest bidder because that is the one that hasn't been thought through properly. Rinse and repeat.

Government will never ever be competent or even manage their own IT.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well…..

Part of me thinks I’d give a right bollock to get involved in OpenAI and know the inside track. And a lot of me says SIX interviews? It’s a dreadful modern trend in tech and almost always run by highly insecure and risk adverse management teams.

#fence
I agree with your comments about the number of interviews. To get into Meta, he had 9!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How the hell does anybody have 9 interviews for a job?
It’s one of several trends in tech that are the subject of big debate on LinkedIn.

I personally think it’s ridiculous.

I had four for my current role and I was approached by them!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It’s one of several trends in tech that are the subject of big debate on LinkedIn.

I personally think it’s ridiculous.

I had four for my current role and I was approached by them!
I'm also slightly bewildered by how anybody has a big debate on LinkedIn.
In my experience it's just people saying "Really good building links with the geotechnics team in Altrincham today!!"

Other teams and office locations are obviously available.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
another theory about Sam Altman is he's been trying to raise investment to start a new AI dedicated chip company.

the AI algos rely on chips and source data, which is why we are no where near artifical general intelligence, state of the art is still done through brute force computing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here