Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: Who does what in the Albion boardroom?

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
agreed. i'm looking out for new articles in this section before anywhere else and have been very impressed with the journalistic talent NSC has to offer. keep up the good work, everyone.

mrreso

Aug 14, 2014
He took a homeless club with the whole community ripped out, payed its debts off, payed £80million for a new stadium, rebuilt that community even better for kids/disabled/albion in the community with a lot of transparency and risk involved, payed nearly £30 million for training facilities and he ensured through charters and laws that the club will ever go through what Brighton did, a lot of people are complaining at the moment because we have sold some good players and lost the 1st 2 games - give Bloom some credit, people need to learn about the FFP stipulations then you will understand that he cant just go throwing cash around to get into the premier league, look at clubs like Swansea and Stoke took around 10 years to get into and stay in the premiership after building new stadiums its only been 4 years

mrreso

Aug 14, 2014
He took a homeless club with the whole community ripped out, payed its debts off, payed £80million for a new stadium, rebuilt that community even better for kids/disabled/albion in the community with a lot of transparency and risk involved, payed nearly £30 million for training facilities and he ensured through charters and laws that the club will never go through what Brighton did, a lot of people are complaining at the moment because we have sold some good players and lost the 1st 2 games - give Bloom some credit, people need to learn about the FFP stipulations then you will understand that he cant just go throwing cash around to get into the premier league, look at clubs like Swansea and Stoke took around 10 years to get into and stay in the premiership after building new stadiums its only been 4 years so far
???

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
"Paul Barber is the chief executive. That means he is responsible for the day to day activities of the Albion, and applying the decisions made by the board (as well as answering emails from outraged fans at anti-social hours). "

I Couldn't help but chuckle at the bit in bold!.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks for that.

The purchase of shares by the NED's is odd .... I'm looking for some kind of angle there!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I don't understand this business with the non-execs buying the shares - this is not a UK Company Law requirement. I was wondering about whether this had anything to do with a "squeeze-out" (thankfully nothing to do with El Pres's Revels) whereby a 95% shareholder can effectively force the remaining shareholders to sell up, but it's not clear how this transaction could be a step towards this, so I can't really see it. Plus, non-execs should not really be getting involved in any kind of tactical strategy against non-controlling shareholders. All in all, a bit of a mystery, unless it's simply an aligning of interests of the non-execs with other shareholders, but, even then, that's not a requirement of law....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here