Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article on Eng v Aus from CricInfo

larus

I too want to grind them into the dirt. Here and then there later in the year. I got so pissed off when we were poor, having the gloating Aussies rubbing our noses in it.

So no, I don't yearn for a close test or series just yet. Of course I'd like it to become closer in the future, but not just yet.

However, I feel as though British sport has universally stepped it up a notch over the last 10 years, except football. There's ,ore focus on winning, and being professional. Nearly everywhere. Cricket, cycling, rugby, athletics, tennis gradually getting there on the women's side. The days of just competing well seem to be a thing of the past. Thank fvck.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Much like the Palace v Brighton rivalry I think we are due some humiliating annihilations of our fiercest opponents.

Whilst I'd generally like to see tight games where the contest could always seemingly swing either way, I feel we've been handed so many soul crushingly brutal pants down defeats that we need to dish similar results out just to get the levels back.

Whilst a series as tight as THAT Ashes series of 2005 would be great to watch, the Aussies could just point to the fact that they annihilated us back in 2007, and on so many occasions before. So we actually NEED a comprehensive series win that puts them back in their place.

Much like with the scum from south London. They have got bragging rights and then some, so we need to completely dominate them in EVERY occasion in which we meet in the foreseeable future (which sadly is unlikely to be this season at least) just to restore some sense of pride.

I don't remember many Aussies complaining that the series of 2007 was disappointing. And I shan't be complaining about the current series, whether we pull of the 5-0 before heading down under or let it become more respectable with a draw or two amongst the thrashings

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its widely being reported that people would rather see an England win in a very close series but personally I would love to see a five nil stuffing with us winning the last 3 tests by massive margins, but then I did grow up seeing "black washes" if you are allowed to call it them today and disasterous ashes series.

Me too, but the rules were changed slowly and relentlessly to limit short pitched bowling, that in conjunction with the youth of the West Indies looking towards Basketball and Baseball and the infighting on the West Indies Board has led to a huge decline in their fortunes. I once recall watching Thomson and Lillie bowling to England at Edgbaston with 6 slips and 2 gullies with only a fielder at mid on and the bowler in front of the batsman ! My, how times have changed !

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I too want to grind them into the dirt. Here and then there later in the year. I got so pissed off when we were poor, having the gloating Aussies rubbing our noses in it.

So no, I don't yearn for a close test or series just yet. Of course I'd like it to become closer in the future, but not just yet.

However, I feel as though British sport has universally stepped it up a notch over the last 10 years, except football. There's ,ore focus on winning, and being professional. Nearly everywhere. Cricket, cycling, rugby, athletics, tennis gradually getting there on the women's side. The days of just competing well seem to be a thing of the past. Thank fvck.

And it's no coincidence that the majority of the sports you refer to have strong governing bodies. Whereas the English FA are just an emasculated joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here