Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Ive no idea if Bent will be any good (I do have bad memories of Robbie Savage but lets hope its more Bobby Smith) but this post absolutely sums up some on NSC. Some are on a wind up, some have a press induced inferiority complex because we have never won anything and some just have never seen any other team play except Brighton.
Martin Chivers, Micky Thomas, Frank Stapleton, Barry Bridges, poor old Justin Fashanu,

SomeDerbyFan

May 3, 2014
GREETINGS, OUR FAVOURITE PLAY-OFF VICTIMS :cheers:

It's your favourite Derby fan here, coming over to congratulate you on the (potentially) incredible signing of Darren Bent. I have to say I wouldn't half mind him in our team (behind the Lord and Saviour, Chris Martin) to lend us a bit of pace. Will be watching him intently next weekend when you face us once again. I'm personally hoping for a result similar to the one we experienced in the play-offs, but I doubt you guys are too.

How are you lot feeling this season, I was initially intrigued by the signings you made but haven't heard much about you really? Usually, that would be because Manish and Claridge only talk about a certain Leicester-based team, but they're totally lost this year and I'm not sure they have a clue what to talking about (so no change in Claridge really).

Is that spanish striker as good as he was on FIFA 12? Anyway, wishing you well from Derby :sheep:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

It's your favourite Derby fan here, coming over to congratulate you on the (potentially) incredible signing of Darren Bent. I have to say I wouldn't half mind him in our team (behind the Lord and Saviour, Chris Martin) to lend us a bit of pace. Will be watching him intently next weekend when you face us once again. I'm personally hoping for a result similar to the one we experienced in the play-offs, but I doubt you guys are too.

How are you lot feeling this season, I was initially intrigued by the signings you made but haven't heard much about you really? Usually, that would be because Manish and Claridge only talk about a certain Leicester-based team, but they're totally lost this year and I'm not sure they have a clue what to talking about (so no change in Claridge really).

Is that spanish striker as good as he was on FIFA 12? Anyway, wishing you well from Derby :sheep:

:D See you soon. Hope it is not raining again this time....it's damp oop North me duck.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

yesh! shanks! hic!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just watched Darren Bent on "player" very articulate and raring to go and he says not that interested in the money just wants to play
really hope this works out for him...................and us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
just watched Darren Bent on "player" very articulate and raring to go and he says not that interested in the money just wants to play
really hope this works out for him...................and us
TBH I'd be happier if he said:-

'it's all about the money, and a final pay day'.
'I've seen what you did for Bridge & Upson and I want some of that last contract love too'.

Because come the Summer he ain't getting feck all without doing the business for us.

Win win.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
TBH I'd be happier if he said:-

'it's all about the money, and a final pay day'.
'I've seen what you did for Bridge & Upson and I want some of that last contract love too'.

Because come the Summer he ain't getting feck all without doing the business for us.

Win win.

He's 30 so it isn't like Bridge or Upson who were on their last contracts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's 30 so it isn't like Bridge or Upson who were on their last contracts.
Financial and duration Bent will be looking at his last contract in the Summer.
He's got 6 months to prove he's worth 3 years.

Hopefully that wont be a problem.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I doubt that we could afford his wages. Upson & Bridge were 34/35.

It depends whether he turns out to be our version of what Reading got out of Jason Roberts. Despite our lowly league position, it's actually too early to write off the season. Which is odd, considering how poor we've been.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It depends whether he turns out to be our version of what Reading got out of Jason Roberts. Despite our lowly league position, it's actually too early to write off the season. Which is odd, considering how poor we've been.

I agree and hope that we can turn it around. I'd like to think we could offer him a contract.

Stumpy Tim

Tend to agree we won't afford him, but the original point is that he's coming here to earn his next (final) contract - not necessarily with us. Having said that, I remember Nicky Forster joined us because we gave him a longer contract.... maybe Bent will be happy with £20k a week for four years? Hard to second guess that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Oh the contract definitely won't be with us.
But the precedent would seem to be we get best from these players before THE contract is signed.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Tend to agree we won't afford him, but the original point is that he's coming here to earn his next (final) contract - not necessarily with us. Having said that, I remember Nicky Forster joined us because we gave him a longer contract.... maybe Bent will be happy with £20k a week for four years? Hard to second guess that

Interesting point about length of contract. Also in a place where, hopefully, he feels loved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is naive for anybody to think that we are not putting Bent in the shop window for him and and to a lesser extent Villa. He is obviously hoping to score goals for us and then sign a lucrative 3 year contract in the summer with somebody who offers more money then we can. Exactly the same as Bridge and Upson who although older were able to play in the defensive position at a later age than an effective striker reliant on speed off of the mark could. This will be his last top flight contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here