Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
Last throw of the dice , I just hope this is going to work

Pretty much. It's up to Sami now.

Interestingly I was reading the link provided to the Villa forum with someone saying that Bent only works with Wingers providing balls in for him.

We're doomed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's all getting a bit fuzzy now but didn't all three of them (Gus, Tanno and Charlie) all refuse to do the retained list the day after the playoff dummy spitting interview?

Whatever the ins and outs of what actually went on behind the scenes and I accept the club may have been just as responsible as Gus for the breakdown, in retrospect, I will NEVER forgive or forget that kick in the teeth to all Albion fans when we were down.

Which kick in the teeth? The fact Gus didn't feel it would be right to the players for him to deal with the retained list seeing as the club were preparing to get rid of him? Totally logical.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm only negative if this is just a one month loan. I thought the Al-Habsi deal was a waste of time/money so providing we do extend this one for the season then I'm more than happy.

As reported:

Al Habsi - "one month loan"
Halford - "one month loan"

E. Bennett - "initial one month loan"
Bent - "initial one month loan"

:smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which kick in the teeth? The fact Gus didn't feel it would be right to the players for him to deal with the retained list seeing as the club were preparing to get rid of him? Totally logical.

The after match interview was a kick in the teeth, it was neither the time or the place to have a hissy fit. I was not vaguely bothered by Gus refusing to do the retained list but it was a refusal to work :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He'll be great if we complete the signing. My only issue is with the "if".

Well we did complete it.

I have been trying to dig positives out of this season without much success but this is definitely one. I may just have my mojo back, certainly looking forward to Saturday now a lot more :)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He may be a non-striking striker, but he's a BIG non striking striker.

I really hope he gets his form back.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I hope he comes with the attitude that he's trying to earn a contract (not necessarily here) by proving himself for the next month so that he can be sold come Jan. If he does then it could be a good month for us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good news - something to lighten the gloom of what has been a pretty miserable season up to now. He seems to have been out of favour at Villa recently, so hope he can re-capture his mojo down here. Wonder how long he's got left on his contract at Villa, and how much it would cost to make him permanent if things work out well?

Now bring on Fulham!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The after match interview was a kick in the teeth, it was neither the time or the place to have a hissy fit. I was not vaguely bothered by Gus refusing to do the retained list but it was a refusal to work :rolleyes:

He was getting sacked without good reason. Probably was a bit pissed off at the time, we all were. Of course this doesn't fit with the other hilarious conspiracy theory that he "didn't care at all" when we went on a 13 game unbeaten run...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here