Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

Feb 14, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_players_with_100_or_more_goals

No. 22 on list of all time premier league goalscorers and still only 30. But not good enough for many on here!!

After Robbie Savage under Adams, then you can understand the reason, but lets see how he gets on. Will he be Jimmy Case after he was told by us he was too old, or will he be Robbie Savage? Who knows, but he will be judged on what he does for us, not what he did for someone else. If he is Robbie Savage then he better bring his ear plugs because he will be crucified.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is there no rule on how many players we can have on loan from 1 club he will be our 3rd from Villa.

Only 2 allowed over 23 years old, Gardner is 22. (from memory: It might have changed?)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We have no business turning our noses up at such an experienced, premier league level striker. He is still only 30 and provided his attitude is right this could turn out to be a good signing.

I completely agree wiith you but you must know by now that if we signed Messi there would be almost certainly be some questioning his desire and bemoaning his lack of height.

Edit; To avoid confusion, I am in no way drawing a direct comparison between Bent and Messi, it's obvious to anyone with a real understanding of the game that Bent is the far superior player.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Oh good grief. Last season, I had the good fortune to see as many Fulham games as Albion (plenty of each) and take it from me, this is not the answer. speed? NO. Bustling? No? dynamic? No, the turning circle of the Titanic. An understanding of the Offside rule reminiscent of Glenn in his very early days and more specifically the Silkster. He gives us nothing that CMS could not.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is obviously a gamble but, if he's still got it, it could be a very good fit. Bent's forte has always been in playing as a lone striker and he is less good in a front pair. This is the exact opposite of our current strikers who all find it difficult playing up on their own. As we play with one central striker, this has the potential to be good news for both parties much like the Wayne Bridge deal.

I must admit that this news has me thinking of Reading's January 2012 signing of Jason Roberts and the run they went on for the rest of the season. As we all know, its the hope that kills you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here