Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think he's washed up and overpaid, a prime example of the problems you get in modern football when they get too much money too young. The one thing that gives me a modicum of optimism about this is he agreed to come in the first place.

Feb 14, 2010
I have my reservations but who remembers us telling Jimmy Case he was past it, then saw him go on to play fantastically for how many seasons for a top flight Saints side? But then I also remember Robbie Savage turning up at Brighton, and less said about that the better.

If I'm right, what NSC believes will only be a good signing is:

Young (20-25)
Proven at this level.
Proven at Premier level
Injury free.
Can score inside the box
Can score outside the box
Cheap

Good luck with that then.

+
Nothing to do with David Burke
Nothing to do with John Stephenson
Was originally identified by Gus Poyet

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I have my reservations but who remembers us telling Jimmy Case he was past it, then saw him go on to play fantastically for how many seasons for a top flight Saints side? But then I also remember Robbie Savage turning up at Brighton, and less said about that the better.

Jimmy case wasn't on £60,000 a week though
And was your old school footballer, most of today's crop of prem cast offs are not of the same mould,
Pampered overpaid prima doña's

Feb 14, 2010
Jimmy case wasn't on £60,000 a week though
And was your old school footballer, most of today's younger crop of prem cast offs are not of the same mould,
Pampered overpaid prima doña's

Difficult to argue with that, but lets wait an see, at least give him a chance. If he turns out like Robbie Savage did under Adams second spell at the Albion then he will deserve all the stick he will get, but at least give him a chance.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
If this comes off we will have signed arguably the dishiest (*) IC3 player ever to play for the Albion, trumping both Codner, Zamora and Bridcutt. In fact, Bent could very we'll rank as our tastiest-looking player of all time, outstripping IC1 eye candy such as Gary Stevens, Vicente and Orlandi.

(* yes Ace, it is me)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If this comes off we will have signed arguably the dishiest (*) IC3 player ever to play for the Albion, trumping both Codner, Zamora and Bridcutt. In fact, Bent could very we'll rank as our tastiest-looking player of all time, outstripping IC1 eye candy such as Gary Stevens, Vicente and Orlandi.

(* yes Ace, it is me)

:moo: :afro: :moo:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

(* yes Ace, it is me)

What about Eric Young ffs? ericyoung1985.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

(* yes Ace, it is me)

Shiver me fuggin timbers!

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Wasn't the jury out when Bridge was brought in from City?? What a top bit of business that turned out to be. Lets give him a chance

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We have no business turning our noses up at such an experienced, premier league level striker. He is still only 30 and provided his attitude is right this could turn out to be a good signing.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'd take Bent over Danny Graham any day, which correct if I'm wrong, was the last loan striker we were linked with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports