Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article about the Premier League by a...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Note: This does not reflect the opinion of every fan of every Premier League club.

Palace fans are having a cracking time at the minute. It wasn't fun under Holloway I'll grant you, but there is nothing to suggest that any club can't be reasonably competitive in the top half. We've got the smallest budget in the division and yet we've beaten Chelsea at home, Everton away and we came back from 3-0 against Liverpool the other day. If you extend Pulis' record over a whole season we'd be 7th! :bowdown:

This particular Sunderland fan will almost certainly have changed his mind now that Poyet has them winning. It's all doom and gloom when you're losing but if you happen to nick a few games it's the best league in the world again.

I agree to an extent.

I guess its a pay off. You have had some FANTASTIC results this year and of that we can only be jealous of however you've had zero chance of winning anything. We've been bang average all season and yet here we are fighting right to the end for some silverware.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I would like us to get promoted every 3rd season and get relegated every time. That way we have 2 out of 3 seasons being competitive and enjoying our football while constantly taking money out of the self imploding shit pile that is the Premiership.

Sounds good to me!!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Don't worry. The Premier League has taken an approach to ensure that the Premier League doesn't suffer in comparison to the excitement to the Championship. Unfortunately that didn't mean trying to make their league more competitive and enjoyable, but rather taking aggressive steps to ensure that the Championship's relative openness and excitement is all but eradicated. In a few years time we will all be feeling the effects of Solidarity Payments to an even greater extent than we are now. And it's all thanks to the fact that, not content with ****ing up our top division, the Premier League now has no option but to **** up every other league in order to keep their competitive advantage.

Shame, it sounds like it used to be pretty good this football thing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here