Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Article about 2009-2011 Albion away shirt

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The blue was so dark it looked black.

I think there might be some confusion here, the 2008-2009 away (then 2010 third) blue and yellow one was a completely different design to the 09-11 away shirt.

Capture.JPG

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think there might be some confusion here, the 2008-2009 away (then 2010 third) blue and yellow one was a completely different design to the 09-11 away shirt.

View attachment 117372

I wouldn't go as far to say 'completely' different but upon reviewing that image, there are definite differences. That left image was the one I had/have somewhere.

Club25Fitba

Nov 18, 2019
Certainly not the worst away kit, just a shame the yellow-blue ended up being pretty useless alongside a blue-white home kit and a light-blue third kit in its first year of use.

My favourite away kit is still the black and lime; in terms of home strips, nothing will beat the candy striped design worn in the final Whitdean season;

4eGbNqD.jpg

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Really liked a fair amount of Errea's designs, although much prefer Nike's material, and the cut. Nike's kit is more what I expect from the size I go for...had to go for larger with Errea (I remember the staff in the OLD old shop on Queens Road - right hand side as you head to the Clock Tower, where Virgin Records was for a while, as opposed to the old shop on Queens Road on the left hand side, up from Boots, where Virgin Records used to be a LONG time ago - warning me to go for "probably at least two sizes up" from what I'd normally go for).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Elliott, Elliott Bennett, runs down the wing for me :albion2:

Beautiful kit and wonderful memories of some Albion legends in that kit. Inigo Calderon, Gordon Greer, Lewis Dunk, Marcos Painter, Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes, Doug Loft, Liam Dickinson, Nicky Forster... the list goes on and on and on.

Every time I see that kit I think of Loft and Dickinson for sure

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Was the in the Argus with my then 6 year old son the day after it came out. Same picture was in the Argus a few weeks ago too

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I much preferred Errea's output than Nike's, though the new peripheral products seem to be good quality.

The best kit we've turned out in in recent years is the one from the first season at Falmer.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here