Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsene and Jose - "We go to a hotel"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not true we have refs to control games not defeated managers. Had they won would he have said anything? No not at all just sour grapes and trying to get his man off of a ban. Hope the FA see this and uphold the bans if appealed.

Gabriel has had his card overturned and Costa is suspended for three matches.
http://www.thefa.com/

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What part of what I said is wrong ?

Everything you've said is wrong. The FA don't need a complaint to take retrospective action, it's the content of the referees report that is key.

In the Costa case because he had been yellow carded during the incident it would depend on how much of the two strikes at Koscielny and the lash out/ knocking down of Gabriel was actually in his report. If it was all in there then as he'd been yellow carded there would be no further action the FA could take. If the ref fails to mention in the report a part of the incident (he may not have seen every single thing Costa did) the FA ask a panel of former refs to watch video footage and decide if they had been in charge would they have taken a different course of action, i.e a red card. Given that Costa has now been banned for 3 games I guess we know that there was something missing from the report.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everything you've said is wrong. The FA don't need a complaint to take retrospective action, it's the content of the referees report that is key.

In the Costa case because he had been yellow carded during the incident it would depend on how much of the two strikes at Koscielny and the lash out/ knocking down of Gabriel was actually in his report. If it was all in there then as he'd been yellow carded there would be no further action the FA could take. If the ref fails to mention in the report a part of the incident (he may not have seen every single thing Costa did) the FA ask a panel of former refs to watch video footage and decide if they had been in charge would they have taken a different course of action, i.e a red card. Given that Costa has now been banned for 3 games I guess we know that there was something missing from the report.

You are the one talking rubbish if the ref has taken action of some description ie given a free kick or even a yellow card the FA CANNOT take action as it has been dealt with. They cannot say the ref dealt with it wrong. If he has taken no action they can then take retrospective action. As far as complaints are concerned I can assure you 100% that any FA member or affiliated member can make a complaint and and it will be investigated and action taken if warranted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are the one talking rubbish if the ref has taken action of some description ie given a free kick or even a yellow card the FA CANNOT take action as it has been dealt with. They cannot say the ref dealt with it wrong. If he has taken no action they can then take retrospective action. As far as complaints are concerned I can assure you 100% that any FA member or affiliated member can make a complaint and and it will be investigated and action taken if warranted.

Read post 23.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003

You are an absolute clown. What I have posted is what has been reported in every single media outlet about the incident and subsequent 3 game ban given to Costa. Unless of course you are right and everyone else is wrong. Given your past I fully expect you think that, but in this case you are wrong.

I'll break it down into points to see if you can follow.

There were two separate incidents, one with Koscielny and then one with Gabriel.

The ref took action against Costa for the incident with Gabriel and awarded him a yellow card. The previous incident with Koscielny was not covered by this yellow card.

The ref submitted his match report to the FA without mentioning the Koscielny incident therefore it could be retrospectively looked at (if the ref had mentioned it in the report and said he didn't think it warranted a yellow card then there would have been nothing the FA could do).

A panel of 3 former refs watch video footage independently and are asked what they would do. If all 3 say they would have issued a red card then the FA issue the 3 game ban.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-suspended-for-three-games

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are an absolute clown. What I have posted is what has been reported in every single media outlet about the incident and subsequent 3 game ban given to Costa. Unless of course you are right and everyone else is wrong. Given your past I fully expect you think that, but in this case you are wrong.

I'll break it down into points to see if you can follow.

There were two separate incidents, one with Koscielny and then one with Gabriel.

The ref took action against Costa for the incident with Gabriel and awarded him a yellow card. The previous incident with Koscielny was not covered by this yellow card.

The ref submitted his match report to the FA without mentioning the Koscielny incident therefore it could be retrospectively looked at (if the ref had mentioned it in the report and said he didn't think it warranted a yellow card then there would have been nothing the FA could do).

A panel of 3 former refs watch video footage independently and are asked what they would do. If all 3 say they would have issued a red card then the FA issue the 3 game ban.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/sep/diego-costa-suspended-for-three-games

Which is what I have said so why did Gabriel get off. Because of Arsene Whinger whineing about Costa.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Which is what I have said so why did Gabriel get off. Because of Arsene Whinger whineing about Costa.

You went on about people making complaints to the FA and that they would investigate without ever making any mention of Gabriel, you just went on about Wenger moaning. His moaning about the incidents had no bearing on the FAs decisions.

Arsenal appealed the red card and the FA agreed with the appeal. Rather like when we appealed Calderons red card against Newport or was that only removed because Oscar moaned? No it was because both clubs followed a predefined appeals process.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You went on about people making complaints to the FA without ever making any mention of Gabriel only Wenger moaning. That could have been about Costa as well, you failed to actually make any coherent point.

Arsenal appealed the red card and the FA agreed with the appeal. Rather like when we appealed Calderons red card against Newport or was that only removed because Oscar moaned? No it was because both clubs followed a predefined appeals process.
Stop talking sense!

It's clear that the FA, media and anyone with a combination of eyes and common sense have been hoodwinked by that cunning Mr Wenger, who's managed to conjure yet another tangled web of deceit.

In reality Costa was merely trying to show his affection to the Arsenal defence but, bless him, he's a socially awkward character and couldn't get the hang of the physical contact aspect. After the game he likely felt very upset about it, maybe even enough to cancel one of his regular sessions of doing gardening for local pensioners. Why can't you see that? Why can't the world?!

Horrible Mr Wenger, that's why.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The point of my argument that has been missed or I didnt put across correctly was that Whinger highlighted the challenges because Arsenal got beat, had he not done so it would have just been just put down to the ref and that would have been the end of the matter but Gabriel wouldnt have escaped the ban, which was the whole point of his moaning?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The point of my argument that has been missed or I didnt put across correctly was that Whinger highlighted the challenges because Arsenal got beat, had he not done so it would have just been just put down to the ref and that would have been the end of the matter but Gabriel wouldnt have escaped the ban, which was the whole point of his moaning?

But they didn't win, at which point everything else becomes guesswork at best.

You, nor I, have any idea what Wenger, Mourinho, the referee's report or the FA would've said or done so when you're talking about it as if it's an obvious conclusion you can't be too surprised when people question it.

Personally I feel that Wenger would still have spoken up (and I'd agree with him for doing so) after the match. Maybe with less ire aimed towards Costa than after the loss but not by a great deal.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry didnt realise it was a video. It was just an observation of their spat and his constant wineing if things dont get his way.

But he often seems to be in the right, and it is Mourinho who seems to have entered the realms of fantasyland in defending his team and his record this year.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Just leaving Mr Wenger out of this at the moment, I think most people would agree that Costa was disgusting in that game and deserved to be sent off on the day. Quite possibly Mr Wenger's quite justified complaining (not whingeing) had no effect on the final outcome

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just leaving Mr Wenger out of this at the moment, I think most people would agree that Costa was disgusting in that game and deserved to be sent off on the day. Quite possibly Mr Wenger's quite justified complaining (not whingeing) had no effect on the final outcome

Quite possibly so but I just feel that it is wrong for a manager to try to get another player banned, leave that to the refs. I can understand a player playing to anothers weakness like Buckley attacking Harding and him getting booked then continuing taking him on to provoke another card that is gamesmanship but the managers to try to get it , for me is totally wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here