[Football] Arsenal's Gabriel tests positive for the plague

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Look, I told you I'm dealing with it.

I'm sorry [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] but you're permanently banned. My hands are tied on this one.

And I'll get [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to complete the rebrand to "Humourless Dildo Chat". It's only fair after the panic we've caused.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Over 53,000 cases in the past 24 hours...plus well over 2,000 admitted to hospital yesterday. I'm beginning to think this may be the last match for a bit. The government needs to stop dithering about sending kids back to school, and start taking this more seriously.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Over 53,000 cases in the past 24 hours...plus well over 2,000 admitted to hospital yesterday. I'm beginning to think this may be the last match for a bit. The government needs to stop dithering about sending kids back to school, and start taking this more seriously.

Fulham's game at Tottingham tomorrow another expected to be called off, getting ridiculous now. PL clubs rumoured to have had a conference call this afternoon to discuss a fortnight suspension. Hopefully that decision comes tomorrow and the two weeks becomes more like 2 months minimum.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
When you have flu you bloody well know about it, and you can have a jab if you want to, and when you recover you are OK.
1 in 3 testing positive for covid had no symptoms and the infection rate is well above 1, vulnerable could die and long covid is an issue, there are 2 new highly infectious strains about, especially in the SE.
More people in hospital than in April and more infections today than any other day.
You really don't get it do you.
Its people like you that are spreading it.
Like you, these times are not normal.

I take issue with your last couple of sentences, why do you think it’s people like me ? I follow all the protocol in a COVID safe way... my employer has asked me to work my customers want me to fix their machines. I suppose I can refuse get sacked and hide in doors till it blows over ??

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
17 is a lot, this all started with one person contracting it and look how many worldwide cases there are. It's not so much the 17, it's those 17 passing on to others and the transmission through to vulnerable groups. Also all these games BCD still require a number of other club staff, press in attendance, media crew, police and ambulance staff at a time when police shouldbe vigorously enforcing the rules and ambulance staff should be caring for genuinely ill people. Time to stop football ASAP and people adhering to the rules(should be law) and staying the **** at home.

with respect ...................you absolute snowflake

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
with respect ...................you absolute snowflake

Stay at home

Protect the NHS

Save lives

Nothing about being a snowflake in there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look, I told you I'm dealing with it.

I'm sorry [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] but you're permanently banned. My hands are tied on this one.

Fair enough. I'll take that ban now please, when you get a minute. I don't see it being much fun on here for the foreseeable...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting that Arsenal were allowed to go ahead with our game, yet the Fulham and City ones were called off.

As I understand it Gabriel was already self isolating due to being a close contact of someone who had tested positive, he’d already missed the Chelsea game because of this and then subsequently tested positive before our match. So he’d already been away from the Arsenal squad for a few days before the positive test thus reducing the risk to the rest of the squad. Plus the City and Fulham squads have seen multiple positive results amongst players and staff rather than just this one in Arsenals case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here