[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Good business but makes it hard to get value for incoming transfers now the fee received is out there.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Are you suggesting that by selling White our team is better? [emoji2373][emoji2373][emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd argue that a fit Lamptey and a Veltman with a seasons premier league experience would be enough to balance the loss of White.

Plus we now have £50m to strengthen our squad.

But to say whether the team is now stronger will depend on how we reinvest our windfall.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I haven't seen official confirmation of any deal yet, all hear say. It might be happening but let's not go on a spending spree just yet until those goonerands are in the bank

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Great price for now but would have been worth more in a covid free world, from the times I have seen admittedly, on television, I thought he had more than a touch of class about him, not dissimilar to Lamrenson when he first arrived here. Shame we won't see the finished article here and Arsenal will reap the benefit of him playing for them and any future recognition at international level will be associated with them but the money received is pretty good ompensation. Best of luck Ben, hope your career is top class except for when you play against us and I can see that happening a lot. Thank you Ben White.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Great business regardless of how he fares. If he becomes the best in the world, good luck to him, if he bombs that's a shame. Either way, £50m is a great fee.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anybody who thinks that this sale doesn't weaken us needs their head examined.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Personally, I'd argue that a fit Lamptey and a Veltman with a seasons premier league experience would be enough to balance the loss of White.

Plus we now have £50m to strengthen our squad.

But to say whether the team is now stronger will depend on how we reinvest our windfall.

I’ll call it now, I don’t think we’ll reinvest in another defender. We have more than enough CB’s coming through. Ostigard could be the one to watch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fantastic piece of business for the club. My one big regret is that I'll never have had the chance to sit at the Amex and watch him "off the ball" in an Albion shirt - thats when you really get an opportunity to see just how good a player is. I was looking forward to that.

It'll be weird seeing him in the red of Arsenal, even though I never saw him in the stripes. Best of luck to the fella though, a genuine class act who is destined for great things.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’ll call it now, I don’t think we’ll reinvest in another defender. We have more than enough CB’s coming through. Ostigard could be the one to watch.

I didn't say a defender

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports