Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Not me.

I'm delighted for him and delighted for us (£50m is ridiculous).

Just want it confirmed now so we can move on & press on.

Mixed emotions for me.

It's sad to see a player of Ben's talent & potential leave us, but it's fantastic to see the Albion producing players sold for £50m

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So now it's almost over, how quickly do you think Brighton will be media scrubbed out of "The Ben White Story"?

Ben White was released by Southampton, before being picked up by Brighton at 16. He then had a series of successful loan moves to Newport, Peterborough and Leeds before breaking into the Brighton first team where he really excelled to earn a call up to England. He now plies his trade for Arsenal after securing a well-deserved £50m move.

Good effort! - and sadly probably very accurate.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
ANNOUNCE £50m STRIKER!

:jester:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Also, #PrayForLeedsFans :lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A good deal but I was kind of hoping he'd move to a nicer club than Arsenal.

In recent years my opinion of that club has fallen quite a bit (it started with the A4 Wenger Out signs) and I don't think a lot of their fans deserve to see exciting signings like this.

I'll get over it though.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
On a logical level, I'm over the moon about this. £50m for our third best centre-back, stunning stuff.

On an emotional level, always hurts when a player you quite like leaves doesn't it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A shame we couldn't see more of him, or any of him in person for many of us, but off he goes, for a ridiculous record fee. And off we go too, without a vast hole in our identity, but more an example of the years to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here