Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Shame never got to see him.

Hope we sign a couple to make us stronger as I do believe we will miss him

We definitely will. Yes we have great defenders but he offered something very different. Really hope he continues to develop at Arsenal but it really doesn’t feel the right move for him IMHO.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
'ANNOUNCE BISSOUMA CONTRACT EXTENSION'

As the kids would say... :albion2:

Well if Charles Watts has reported that he's told Arsenal 'I wanna be your man', then, it's all over now. We're out of time. It'll be the last time we see him.

We'll miss you, but it's only rock 'n' roll and, as tears go by £50 million should give us satisfaction.

Bloody shame yes, but at least it ain't Leeds :lolol:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
just think leeds fans, if you and your club hadnt been such antagonistic bell ends last summer you could probably have had him for £25mill....

... and if patrick bamford hadn't have told everyone he "woulder played for england if he'd stuck at leeds"....

... and then if you hadn't hijacked our player of the season and he had instead finished mid table (where he deserved, miles behind bissouma) then he probably wouldn't have attracted the attention that got him to the Euros, and we'd only be banking £35m or so for him....

cheers though lads.

Last edited:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
just think leeds fans, if you and your club hadnt been such antagonistic bell ends last summer you could probably have had him for £25mill....

... and if patrick bamford hadn't have told everyone he "woulder played for england if he'd stuck at leeds"....

... and then if you hadn't hijacked our player of the season and he had instead finished mid table (where he deserved, miles behind bissouma) then he probably wouldn't have attracted the attention that got him to the Euros, and we'd only be banking £35m or so for him....

cheers though lads.
Jesus wept [emoji1787]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
E7YyLFrWEAsPXUz.jpeg

Ben White allegedly leaving Arsenal's training ground today.
Interim Asda job, not paying enough :lol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can't remember - who won the game? Remind me ..........................

I remember City going 2 up in that second half with the Foden goal, even though they were down to 10 men.

After that it all goes a bit hazy……..

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Announcement surely will be today - very intrigued to see how he will get on. Twitter beef between Arsenal and United fans comparing this transfer to Maguire's is amusing too.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Announcement surely will be today - very intrigued to see how he will get on. Twitter beef between Arsenal and United fans comparing this transfer to Maguire's is amusing too.

Just prepping the shit sandwich I guess, 1 slice hopefully will be the Biss Contract extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sitting on a bus on the way to Gillingham for a home game I can't have even imagined that one day we would be selling one of our players for 50 million pounds !

I wish White well but just disappointed it was poxy Arsenal he ends up at .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sitting on a bus on the way to Gillingham for a home game I can't have even imagined that one day we would be selling one of our players for 50 million pounds !

I remember getting very excited at the 100K we got for Paul Holsgrove in 98 and then £150K (I think) rising to a potential million as compo for Gareth Barry in the same season!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agreed. It's amazing how far we've come since then.

I did wonder if someone higher up the table than Arsenal would come in but maybe they are seeing if he develops as they'd hope. The top three or four clubs can afford to wait until a player gets to 26 or 27 and see if he has developed rather than take a slight gamble on a player like White. Maybe Arsenal are seen as a stepping stone for players these days before signing for City, Chelsea or United. And they do have quite a few young players coming through so hopefully will be a good environment for him to develop in.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Agreed. It's amazing how far we've come since then.

I did wonder if someone higher up the table than Arsenal would come in but maybe they are seeing if he develops as they'd hope. The top three or four clubs can afford to wait until a player gets to 26 or 27 and see if he has developed rather than take a slight gamble on a player like White. Maybe Arsenal are seen as a stepping stone for players these days before signing for City, Chelsea or United. And they do have quite a few young players coming through so hopefully will be a good environment for him to develop in.

Would not be surprised to see him at Liverpool in a few years, if his Arsenal years are fruitful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here