[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Gotta feeling NSC is going to have its typical insufferable lack of context after this result.

It hasn't been a poor performance. It's been a decent performance away against a very strong team and potential champions at the top of their game. We defended well enough for most of it. We made some good chances in the last 10 minutes that on another day we would have put away. We can be proud about that, especially given the circumstances.

We are riddled with injuries, +1 to Veltman early on, and our bare bones squad still recovering from a really tough game just a few days ago. Arsenal don't have any of these problems.

Definitely shouldn't feel downhearted with this result. At least it's out of the way. Beat Palace on Thursday and this will be a distant memory.
I'm not bothered about losing due to the circumstances but it has been a poor performance. We could have conceded 6

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If people want to hype up our players then fine. It’s better than deciding to take a dislike to them and never missing an opportunity to shoehorn in negative comments about them as you do with Gilmour.

Support the players we have on the pitch. They are doing their best.
Bizarre comment, I praised him on Thursday night but that thread went laughable very quickly. If we can praise them, it is also ok to criticise our players when it’s deserved. And our midfield was completely over run today.

And my personal opinion, which I’m perfectly entitled to hold is that Gilmour is over rated on here.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Neither of our keepers are pulling up trees. Bart has huge potential and made a couple of really strong saves but they both seem very porous and liable to make mistakes.
Gross is our best number 10. He’s a 15 goal a season player there.
Lallana and Milner offer us nothing on the pitch now.
Great experience again for Hinsh.
Time to get over that one and look forward to Palace.
Lallana was key to our win on Thursday. Extremely short memories. He should not be starting though.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Got outplayed and they had 10x the energy with is understandable. One of those games where a lack of full backs and midfielders cost us as we got overran. Not an issu

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Such an uncomfortable watch. Second best all game and our passing for 80 minutes was so sloppy. Wish we'd seen Baleba. Is he injured?

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Fair play to Arsenal. They were superb. Undone by a single mistake for the first goal. Gross missing a decent chance and hit in the break for the second. Not often that we’re outplayed that much by a team. saving the big result for Thursday I’m sure.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I agree that we have been outplayed but am frustrated that the goals were easily preventable. Gabriel gets a free header and Our midfield regrettably offers little protection for the back four. Furthermore Wtf was Bart doing passing to the ar5e when we are already under feck loads of pressure. Architects of our own downfall.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I'm not bothered about losing due to the circumstances but it has been a poor performance. We could have conceded 6

Football fans are so typical of saying things like this. I see it on opposition forums all the time when we deservedly beat them. Rather than praising us for being brilliant, the reason HAS to be that their club was shit on the day.

No. We played well enough. Arsenal were brilliant and lethal and are simply better side than us. There's no shame in that.

The fact that we came so close to nicking a draw today was something we should be proud of.

Of course there were negatives. Milner was poor. Ferguson and Mitoma weren't in the game in the first half.

Still lots of positives. Van Hecke and Dunk were largely brilliant - brave defensive performances - similar to Hinsh when he came on. 2nd half we upped our game and looked dangerous, especially in the final 10 when we should have scored.

Some days you just have to admit the opposition was just too strong on the day.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
2-0 thrashing by a very good team. Anotrher goal from a corner. Will never understand that we have 10 players in box defending to there 7 and one is left completly left free

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s it - very brave performance from our lads - asked a few questions at the end - we are a depleted and fatigued team - I don’t think we played badly overall at all and had moments where we played very well - both Dunk, VH and Verbruggen were so good under the pressure we’ve been under. Two very good chances failed to convert from Gross and Hinshelwood. Declan Rice too much for our MF, Saka too good for Milner. Not at all ashamed of that scoreline.

Gotta feeling NSC is going to have its typical insufferable lack of context after this result.

It hasn't been a poor performance. It's been a decent performance away against a very strong team and potential champions at the top of their game. We defended well enough for most of it. We made some good chances in the last 10 minutes that on another day we would have put away. We can be proud about that, especially given the circumstances.

We are riddled with injuries, +1 to Veltman early on, and our bare bones squad still recovering from a really tough game just a few days ago. Arsenal don't have any of these problems.

Definitely shouldn't feel downhearted with this result. At least it's out of the way. Beat Palace on Thursday and this will be a distant memory.
Yep - certainly wasn’t poor. Got to look at the opposition class and confidence and what we were up against. Found it so hard to get out and they pressed us so well. Another team would’ve got a hiding trying to play football against that as we did.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Happy enough with that. Welbeck looked sharp. Gutted about Veltman. Beaten by a much better side today, no issues. Referee had a good game.

Free hit, got through it with only one more injury(!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports