[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
We haven't been outplayed like that in a half for a long, long time.

Arsenal absolutely dominating. They've been brilliant in every department except for the final product (reminds me of how we can be some times). They are at the top of their game we would have no right to complain if we were losing by one or even two goals already.

That said, some of the defending has been brilliant against this shit-hot Arsenal side.

We haven't been good, but we haven't been poor. They are just on fire and have more energy than us, which is not surprising considering they have had a lot more rest than we have.

Milner has been poor at left back, he can't keep up, he has been the achilles heel and we're lucky that it hasn't been punished. Will RDZ stick with him? What other options do we have?

Adringa seems to be the only attacking outlet today. Ferguson and Mitoma being marked out of the game. Their defense are out-pressing and out-muscling us. We haven't had a look in.

If this continues, it's only a matter of time before Arsenal score... and possibly score again. But it's a game of two halves. I can't see us getting anything from today without some sort of surprising turn of events, or bizarre shift in possession in our favour.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
That was a hard watch 1st half. Hopefully better 2nd half with a couple of goals for BHA - always a positive attitude from me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Kudus has scored another 2 for Wet Spam today. Have to feel we missed out there
Very well scouted by the club.

We were in pole position to get him.

Should we have given into the demands of his agent who allegedly wanted as Mac-style buyout clause? Perhaps.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We're not losing and I wouldn't have been surprised if we were, but the performance has still been very poor.

Is it too much to hope that Roberto has an idea why, and can make a tactical change? That half was awful.
Well often he does earn his salt at half time, so we'll see

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Washie your mouth out we NEVER time waste, that's what every other teams do
And there's NO way that Milner hack on Saka was worth a yellow card

Even I opened my mouth at the first booking being White. I thought ' This ref is taking pity on us'

He had no choice with Mitoma really

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
If we can keep frustrating them until we go in, a teak at half time, straight swap Igor for Milner - or some positional changes - maybe bring on Pedro - hopefully Gunners will run out of a bit of steam and we can get some forward movement into the final third.

Mitoma now on 5 yellow cards this season.

EDIT Fact check Mitoma’s tally?
Warren said it was his fourth.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Should we have given into the demands of his agent who allegedly wanted as Mac-style buyout clause? Perhaps.
He’d have played a lot had we got
him. I get the clubs stance though.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

After losing our two best players I would have been happy with a release clause for a ‘marque signing’ of a top player. Even if we only had him for 1 season

Fergie barely had a touch but that's down to Arsenal. All our play, what little there was, was down the wings. think Mitoma and Adingra had nearly all our possesion in their half. Heat map anyone?

After losing our two best players I would have been happy with a release clause for a ‘marque signing’ of a top player. Even if we only had him for 1 season
Errr, his name is Ansu Fati....seems hes been forgotten about since Injury. Nobody even asks about him in press conferences!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports