Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Danny Welbeck speaking to Match of the Day:

"It was very important we responded after the last game. We stuck to our morals, played our football and got a great victory at the end of the day."

"It's not something that happens by luck. We work hard during the week and today it's paid off. We got the goals on top of the performance and it's a great day for the club. It puts us in a great position and we want to push on."

"It is a tough one [for Arsenal to take]. I have a great affiliation with the club, I loved my time here and everyone's always given me a good reception when I've come back. But it's football and you have to remain professional and we've done that today."

"The season's not over yet. We want to finish strongly, as best as we can. The manager never lets us think we've done enough. We've improved again this year and want to keep improving, keep pushing on."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lots of moments to enjoy there but the best part was the Caicedo retribution on HAHArtinelli.

Bosh.
You can never knock a bit of spiteful retribution. Did you see Fartinelli's victim, Mitoma, giving Caicedo a warm handshake when they thought nobody was filming? Heartwarming.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wouldn’t have expected any less, but all the talk on Sky Sports is how Arsenal have blown the title. No highlights of the Brighton goals and chances and talk of how well we played. Banging on about Man City, they weren’t even in this game. Poor poor coverage.
Although during the game Gary Neville was very complementary

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You missed a great half
I'm sure I have, but I can't get a stream here and I usually sit like a zombie in front of the BBC text, hoping and paraying nothing bad happens. Today was just a step too far, so I ventured out to the garden doing utterly pointless things until it was all over....or in my case....a neighbour knocks on my door to see if I'm happy now....lol...!

No bed for me tonight. Every forum will be read, every scrap of TV will be watched.

Love this club so much...!

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I think the likes of that Ronald guy and the Ecuadorian embassy need to start a campaign to keep Caicedo at the Amex next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just brilliant, all over the pitch! What a squad.
I wonder if Tony might decide it's worth . . . . actually I think that though warrants a thread.....hang on...

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Well that was f***ing marvellous. Genuine euphoria here, I’ve opened a 3rd beer, which is roughly equivalent to a wealthier person opening the Chateau Lafite.

I feel slightly sorry that we’ve handed the petrodollar gang another title, but that’s collateral damage as far as I’m concerned. Well done lads, and wishing a speedy recovery to Enciso, who set us on our way.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Screenshot_20230514_190926_Chrome.jpg

Steviewonder

Apr 29, 2023
Bexhill
Tore a decent team apart in the same way we destroyed Millwall in the play-offs first leg 4-1 in May '91 at the Goldstone.

I cannot think of a better and more important thrashing than that since in a HUGE game when I was a little boy going with my dad, also on a Sunday and it got better and better and better!!!! :clap:
And we gave Millwall a good hiding in the second leg. Never forget the vile Millwall supporters throwing bananas at Eric Young. Thank heavens things have improved for the better.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Danny Welbeck speaking to Match of the Day:

"It was very important we responded after the last game. We stuck to our morals, played our football and got a great victory at the end of the day."

"It's not something that happens by luck. We work hard during the week and today it's paid off. We got the goals on top of the performance and it's a great day for the club. It puts us in a great position and we want to push on."

"It is a tough one [for Arsenal to take]. I have a great affiliation with the club, I loved my time here and everyone's always given me a good reception when I've come back. But it's football and you have to remain professional and we've done that today."

"The season's not over yet. We want to finish strongly, as best as we can. The manager never lets us think we've done enough. We've improved again this year and want to keep improving, keep pushing on."
Welbeck was once again outstanding. There is NO repeat NO better striker in the world on his day, Danny is world class. Finds space, links up well, passes well and causes panic in the opponents defence.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
And now the bad news. Yet again a season comes to an end and we have to give the Man City reserves a guard of honour on to the pitch.
Let's hope it's sewn up by next week and they rest the stars, although I'd like to see Haaland play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here