Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was it you Warren mentioned on the radio after the match? Lounging around Montego Bay? I missed the name...
It was Adrian who mentioned it, I think but yes, it was a 'Dazzer'. @smudge got a mention too a bit later on – judging by Warren's reaction, I don't think he knew he was away for work :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Did Lamptey play LWB. If so was this the first time
According to transfermarkt this is the second time he’s played on the left but the first time was in an u18s game for Chelsea.

It’s also interesting they don’t seem to record when someone plays wing back and just put it down as playing right midfield.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Love watching the crowd on the highlights. When the second and third goals go in the lads and lasses next to the Arsenal fans have obviously had a bit of stick with them taking the lead and giving it back big style 😁

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well that was very, very enjoyable to watch. Thought both sides had a lot of young exciting talent. Loved that Sarmiento and Enciso kept trying little tricks all over the place.(although it almost cost us)
Loved that RDZ effectively went 4-2-4 in the second half to try and win the game. I thought we were going to get cut open (which to be fair we did) but it was exciting, brave football.

Thought Colwill was excellent, shame we didn't actually buy him, and Gilmour was very tidy.
Exciting times

Colwill is an interesting case. While there has been no outright buy option mentioned publicly, I still don't think he would have arrived on loan if there wasn't some kind of opportunity or clause to buy him.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him in January. Chelsea have 3.5 fit central defenders for their 3 man central defense so I think he would have had more game time in Chelsea than in Brighton.

aftv interview:

He’s bang on about us making a lot of changes - maybe 4 or 5 first teamers there. However they all need telling that despite their fair review and how they should’ve won, there’s a Swedish bloke on the Brighton forum who saw none of the game and is mocking us beating Arsenal reserves repetitively - and although it was a fair and dignified interview - this guy is never wrong - so they’re wrong. Or we’ll just enjoy another great time in North London - having got our badges at Stockport and Tranmere etc away not too long ago…
:tears:

I didn't mock winning against the Arsenal reserves.

Like I said before the game: they are good, most of them are very decent PL players, but with the current ability of this Brighton team, using half of the regular starters would very likely result in a win - because the boys are dirty good. And I was right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Double Ditto. This playing around at the back stuff gets the old ticker wound up.

Especially when we get closed down like Arse did and we lose the ball in our half from a goal kick.

It makes us all nervous at times, but management have concluded that the space it creates in front makes it a worthwhile risk, and the results over the last year suggest they're right. I'm usually ok with it now, as the players have got so used to it, but yeah, it still goes wrong sometimes.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Do Arsenal only have one fan whose opinion matters now? Bring back the nutjobs. That isn't the standard of entertainment we have come to expect from AFTV.

They're dropping like flies.

Claude (the bald white bloke) got kicked off for being racist and then died.

Troopz (the guy who said blud a lot) moved to America and is still bellend

DT (the angry one in a hat) is/was in prison for kidnapping his ex wife.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

DT still inside I think. Total bellend.

As I always say :wink: please don’t support that shit those who click on AFTV content, you’re only adding to their figures, paying for Robbie’s second house, click on something BHA instead, support your local team’s online content.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Is DT the little guy who kept running up to the camera and ranting like a nutter after a previous Albion win a couple of years ago?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Colwill is an interesting case. While there has been no outright buy option mentioned publicly, I still don't think he would have arrived on loan if there wasn't some kind of opportunity or clause to buy him.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him in January. Chelsea have 3.5 fit central defenders for their 3 man central defense so I think he would have had more game time in Chelsea than in Brighton.
Would be a huge shame if there was no recall clause in the loan deal and they couldn't get him back in January when they are crying out for central defenders.

Of course by huge shame I mean f***ing hilarious.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be a huge shame if there was no recall clause in the loan deal and they couldn't get him back in January when they are crying out for central defenders.

Of course by huge shame I mean f***ing hilarious.
It does have some hilarious-potential in a world where they won't just solve it by splashing £50m on whatever toy they want to add to the collection

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here