Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What a wonderful result!

Lamptey, Welbeck, Mitoma, Lallana - loving the fact we’re now getting goals from players other than Trossard, Gross and Mac Allister now too.
Because we're not fannying around in C&A trying to decide between beige, ivory, bone, cream or Ecru.

It's BLUE, or WHITE.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Moving the ball quicker, not giving other teams time to get set. The key to scoring more goals (WA expertly explaining how RDZ ball scores more goals)
to be honest i don't think it takes/took a genius to work out that lots of passing does not work as it allows the defence to get back and that we as a team have looked better getting the ball up front quicker.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First line of the BBC match report.

"Premier League leaders Arsenal were knocked out of the Carabao Cup as Brighton gained a shock away victory."

Ok, so Arsenal are pretty bloody good right now, but shock? Really?

And this morning I’ve just heard Arsenal’s last home defeat was to………

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
First line of the BBC match report.

"Premier League leaders Arsenal were knocked out of the Carabao Cup as Brighton gained a shock away victory."

Ok, so Arsenal are pretty bloody good right now, but shock? Really?
Suits me. Under the radar, keep pressure off. Underdog suits us just fine - look at our results against lower half sides!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's Thursday tomorrow
Ah yeah, not sure why i wrote friday when i was thinking thursday!!

still stands though - why 10pm!?

Edit: didn't realise United still had to play tomorrow. Thats a shame: thought they must have gone out already

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
From the highlights it looks like Nketiah cups his ear to the Albion fans when he scored, and then does some stupid pose in front of them... silly boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here