Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
[tweet]1202709590904840192[/tweet]

:lolol:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Alzate off? No - 4th. official holding up the wrong number! It's his only f****ng job, FFS!

So it's Connolly off. Not overwhelmed by that - Gross or Propper would have been my choice.

Me getting back late Connolly pulled up feeling his leg just before that so Potter quickly changed the sub for Connolly instead of Alzate.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Its BORING though.

You rave about CH and think he'd have had us pushing for top 4 this season. The rest of us - who WENT to all the games in 2019 - could see there was only one way we were heading under the fella. I don't CARE about your recruitment analysis, or your theories that we'd have been playing like Brazil 1970 if he'd have only been let loose with the chequebook. Its a bunch of PONCE.

Potter has made BHA watchable again. Pull all the numbers out of your arse that you like, but watching BHA is no longer a CHORE. If you can't handle that fact, then latch on to whatever club Chris moves on to, and bless their fans with your erudite analysis - because frankly mate, we're alright now.

Cheers.

Last season was so painful - right from the word go performance wise. This season has been an absolute joy in comparison, despite so far the points total being very similar. No need for any more analysis than that, as you say.

Just woken up after a really weird dream. Albion were playing away at a really big club, equalled, outplayed and beat them , game was live on TV and the pundits were full of praise for them. Even NSC was full of positive vibes.

Must have been that Harvey's Lewes Castle Brown I imbibed yesterday evening :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last season was so painful - right from the word go performance wise. This season has been an absolute joy in comparison, despite so far the points total being very similar. No need for any more analysis than that, as you say.

it makes so much difference to simply see half a dozen of our players in and around the opposition area, you get a bit of excitment the ball going in something is going to happen. can be a bit more squeky bum at the back though, i'd rather have the goal threat than clean sheets.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You see - this is the nonsense I am talking about -

Chris Hughton -

two promotions from the Championship - as well as two play-offs

Group stage of Europa League

5 seasons in the PL without being relegated

an FA cup semi-final last season and PL status with a relegation level budget -

And before that 15 years as a top flight footballer - 53 international caps for Ireland (the first black player ever to play for Ireland) - and 14 years as a top flight and highly respected coach (including 3 years as Ireland's assistant manager)

Graham Potter -

Östersund- took over a team that had just been relegated - got three promotions - won the Svenska Cupen - Round 32 of Europa League - Potter's reputation was built on doing this without any money - however, the chairman of the club was recently jailed for fraud when he siphoned money illegally into the club over a period of years - the club is now bankrupt and is being demoted two divisions (and to be clear - this is not Potter's fault).

Swansea - one season in the Championship - 10th place finish

Brighton - PL - 15 games - with 5W and 3D

Before that - A journeyman pro who bounced around the lower divisions for most of his playing career (nothing wrong with that - these players are the lifeblood of football) - 1 England U21 cap - worked as football development manager at the University of Hull - then technical director for Ghana's women's team - then assistant coach for the England Universities Squad - then as assistant coach at Leeds Metropolitan University - then Östersund as manager.

Now - Potter has done a really good job so far at Brighton - but I think he has a long way to go before he remotely achieves the same standard of success as Chris Hughton - but here is hoping he can go on to achieve such success - he will have a very good managerial career if he does - and he may even surpass it.

Nonsense? It was two stone cold true facts. You're the one getting your knickers in a knot over it.

Actually you could make the argument Potters work at Östersund is more impressive.

Exactly.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Too late for me as I turn into a pumpkin at midnight. Watched it this morning and had to resist the temptation to fast forward

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Fantastic match, took me about 2 hours to come down from the high. Fortunately it’s the weekend in Abu Dhabi and I can just chill today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No it isn't - it's a statement that I will not be bullied

do you not think that this is conscious on my part :rolleyes:

Are you a Brighton fan? Yes/no. I think this in now the 5th time you've been asked.

If it's a yes how many games have you menaged to get to over the years?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
You see - this is the nonsense I am talking about -

Chris Hughton -

two promotions from the Championship - as well as two play-offs

Group stage of Europa League

5 seasons in the PL without being relegated

an FA cup semi-final last season and PL status with a relegation level budget -

And before that 15 years as a top flight footballer - 53 international caps for Ireland (the first black player ever to play for Ireland) - and 14 years as a top flight and highly respected coach (including 3 years as Ireland's assistant manager)

Graham Potter -

Östersund- took over a team that had just been relegated - got three promotions - won the Svenska Cupen - Round 32 of Europa League - Potter's reputation was built on doing this without any money - however, the chairman of the club was recently jailed for fraud when he siphoned money illegally into the club over a period of years - the club is now bankrupt and is being demoted two divisions (and to be clear - this is not Potter's fault).

Swansea - one season in the Championship - 10th place finish

Brighton - PL - 15 games - with 5W and 3D

Before that - A journeyman pro who bounced around the lower divisions for most of his playing career (nothing wrong with that - these players are the lifeblood of football) - 1 England U21 cap - worked as football development manager at the University of Hull - then technical director for Ghana's women's team - then assistant coach for the England Universities Squad - then as assistant coach at Leeds Metropolitan University - then Östersund as manager.

Now - Potter has done a really good job so far at Brighton - but I think he has a long way to go before he remotely achieves the same standard of success as Chris Hughton - but here is hoping he can go on to achieve such success - he will have a very good managerial career if he does - and he may even surpass it.

Potter is 20 years younger you Pratt Of course Chris has achieved more. !

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Its BORING though.

You rave about CH and think he'd have had us pushing for top 4 this season. The rest of us - who WENT to all the games in 2019 - could see there was only one way we were heading under the fella. I don't CARE about your recruitment analysis, or your theories that we'd have been playing like Brazil 1970 if he'd have only been let loose with the chequebook. Its a bunch of PONCE.
Please outline where I made any such claims about CH - and nobody is forcing you to read my comments

Potter has made BHA watchable again. Pull all the numbers out of your arse that you like, but watching BHA is no longer a CHORE. If you can't handle that fact, then latch on to whatever club Chris moves on to, and bless their fans with your erudite analysis - because frankly mate, we're alright now.

Cheers.
And please state where I have made any claim to the contrary about Potter - indeed - find any post where I said I wanted Potter to do anything other than be a success at Brighton.

The truth is - nothing I have posted in the stuff that people find objectionable is about Potter (or even about Hughton for that matter) - it is about treating people with respect, particularly when they have proven over 4 1/2 years that they have earned it.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Are you a Brighton fan? Yes/no. I think this in now the 5th time you've been asked.

If it's a yes how many games have you menaged to get to over the years?

It is about the 100th time it has been asked - and the answer is still the same - it shouldn't matter and I will not be bullied into answering the question.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Fantastic match, took me about 2 hours to come down from the high. Fortunately it’s the weekend in Abu Dhabi and I can just chill today.
Haha. I also suffer with sleeping after an Albion game. Usually worse when we lose. Saturday 1230 (UK) kick offs are the best for us in the UAE.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

N17

Jun 21, 2011
AFTV think it is unfair that they had to play against two teams last night. Brighton AND Hove Albion.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
From the Beeb:
"Managerless Arsenal's season plummeted to a new low as they were beaten at home by Brighton in interim manager Freddie Ljungberg's first home match in charge."

This DEFINITELY said "struggling Brighton" earlier!

It DID Oxy. I read that as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here