Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal view of the game final visit

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Wow.

I sometimes think people are mad when they slag off Poyet!

There is thinking it's time for him to go, and then there's apparent HATRED of the manager. I think you don't realise anywhere near how good you've got it mate.

If you want your club to be like liverpool speninding £20 m on absolute dross then thats your choice, but Wenger is a brilliant manager. In 17 years (or whatever it is)at one club, you can point to mistakes, yes. But, my god, his correct decisions FAR outweigh them.

Anyway, enjoy your seat in your magnificent stadium that Wengers years of rubbish management helped you get.

I read all of your post. But youve said yourself, in 17 years you can point to mistakes ! yeah, bloody right i can.... The last 7 years have been a mistake. Any other position of management with the record and hiccups that wenger has had, coupled with the total lack of achievement in those 7 years, would be out of a job, FACT.

But i wont panic, I've just heard on the radio that its strongly rumoured we will sign David Beckham before the transfer window is over :shootself

give me strength, lose Fabregas and RVP and get in Henry and Beckham, i give up.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Arsenal's time will come again - it always does. they shine bright for a few years and then go back into the chasing pack. they have done that in the 40 years i have followed footy. they have never even flirted with the merest possibility of relegation and have no concept of anything other than winning or not winning. must be hard. even liverpool and man u faced relegation in the 70s and spent time near the bottom at various other times.

when the bubbles burst and chelski, citeh, united and liverpool run out of cash - everton and arsenal and possibly spuds will be the top teams. money will come and go - as will the coporates, but i can never see the proper fans leaving. Brighton are an example of that - where did all our fans go when we were shit? fact is - they had nowhere to go. now we are not shit and have a stadium big enough, we are coming back. yes - some corporates, even some (gawd 'elp us) plastic fans of other clubs -but we are back.

and pretty soon we are gonna be tonking palace on a regular basis too - just like the good old days :albion2:

Herbert

Jan 24, 2013
The thing with that is, there aren't THAT many trophys to win.

League, out of their reach at the moment with the spending power of United and City and Chelsea. If Arsenal could spend £30m a pop on a player then they would, of course, be challenging.

The Champions league. Not winning that can't be seen as a failure.

FA cup. Man Utd havent won it for a decade.

Carling cup. Has been a youth cup for Arsenal. They even played their reserves in the final against Chelsea. The one year they took it seriously and it went horribly wrong against Birmingham.

Of course it's frustrating, but Wenger is certainly not DESTROYING their club. I've never seen a manger care so much for it's well being as he does. He could quite easily spend, win and go. but no, he always looks to try and secure their future with young sellable players.

Obviously the failures on the pitch are their own fault. But to be criticised for 'KILLING' the club is ludicrous.

Top post fella
Positives from saturday were the result and seeing that another set of football fans finally got the stadium they deserved
Negatives the infighting amongst our fans,why those who want Wenger out cant arrange a demonstration at home baffles me

all the best for the future

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Top post fella
Positives from saturday were the result and seeing that another set of football fans finally got the stadium they deserved
Negatives the infighting amongst our fans,why those who want Wenger out cant arrange a demonstration at home baffles me

all the best for the future

One IS being arranged. The banners have been out before too, but the brainwashed stewards and old bill remove anything anti wenger within seconds.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hang on, Who buys the players ?? Who trains the players ?? who implements the tactics during specific games ?? who lets our best players go, year in/year out ?? who makes the SHIT substitutions ?? who plays players out of position over and over again ??

WENGER DOES

"THAT" is why I blame Wenger

Not sure why you're getting such a hard time not being a supporter of Wenger.

All of this talk of 'no money', it wasn't that long ago I heard from a friend who is a design consultant for Arsenal and has regularly meetings with the board that Wenger has been given 'several' transfer chests over recent years, however he personally has been reluctant to spend it and the board have been reluctant to interfere with his wishes - hence why many people link the lack of trophies with David Dein's departure (6 years ago), who was able to some degree control and even influence Wenger's decision making.

Can't help but think from the outside that Wenger is on some kind of idealogical crusade to prove that you can win the Premier League and be successful with mainly players bought through your youth set up and with very few big signings. Perhaps it is a worthwhile one, but I can understand Arsenal fans not swallowing it, especially when they are probably paying the most for their football in the country.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
give me strength, lose Fabregas and RVP and get in Henry and Beckham, i give up.

Wow. You've made up two signings as an example of bad replacements? Henry hasn't joined and Beckham is only training.

Fabregas was replaced by Santi Cazorla who cost £10m less. He is world class. You also have Jack Wilshire in there who is brilliant and has developed under Wenger.

The RVP money was the same as what was spent on Podolski and Giroud. Their goals have actually replaced RVP's.

You're clearly anti Wenger whatever so I've actually wasted valuable seconds even writing a half sensible post. Luckily it seems as if you're in the vast minority.

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Not sure why you're getting such a hard time not being a supporter of Wenger.

All of this talk of 'no money', it wasn't that long ago I heard from a friend who is a design consultant for Arsenal and has regularly meetings with the board that Wenger has been given 'several' transfer chests over recent years, however he personally has been reluctant to spend it and the board have been reluctant to interfere with his wishes - hence why many people link the lack of trophies with David Dein's departure (6 years ago), who was able to some degree control and even influence Wenger's decision making.

Can't help but think from the outside that Wenger is on some kind of idealogical crusade to prove that you can win the Premier League and be successful with mainly players bought through your youth set up and with very few big signings. Perhaps it is a worthwhile one, but I can understand Arsenal fans not swallowing it, especially when they are probably paying the most for their football in the country.

Hallelujah, someone who can see Wenger for what he is. Youre pretty much spot on with what youve said mate. The man pretty much runs the club. He has lost the dressing room and the rot is spreading. He inherited the core of his "invincible" side and since the last of those left/retired, things have gone down hill. Bould, Dixon, Winterburn and Adams must have been wincing at that shower of clowns at the back against the Mickeys last night.

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Wow. You've made up two signings as an example of bad replacements? Henry hasn't joined and Beckham is only training.

Fabregas was replaced by Santi Cazorla who cost £10m less. He is world class. You also have Jack Wilshire in there who is brilliant and has developed under Wenger.

The RVP money was the same as what was spent on Podolski and Giroud. Their goals have actually replaced RVP's.

You're clearly anti Wenger whatever so I've actually wasted valuable seconds even writing a half sensible post. Luckily it seems as if you're in the vast minority.

Get your f***ing head out of your arse you idiot. Vast minority ??? you clearly do not have the slightest clue, get yourself over the Arsenal and tell me im in the minority.

My comment that youve quoted was a jib as yesterdays transfer news. While other clubs band big names about, Wenger maintains we have a strong squad and dont need players and things like Henry coming back and Beckham training with us is a poor case of trying to paper over cracks. Fabregas and RVP are just 2 examples of quality players that he's let go.

Youre making judgements on players you see every now and again on MOTD .......... watch them week in and week out. Our keeper and back 4 would look less out of place in a f***ing circus (did you see last nights game ??)

Vermaelen - Since gaining the captains armband, hes been hopeless
Mertesacker - 6ft 7 (jumps 5ft 4) total lack of awareness, cant mark, cant tackle
Sagna - clearly wants to be anywhere but Arsenal
Gibbs - Not been playing well for a long time
Santos - !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wenger has this ability of picking out shit brazilians (your lot saw him as our weak link saturday)

You know what, i'm bored of answering you. Come and watch them for a few games, you'll learn.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
On last nights radio coverage of the Arsenal vs Liverpool there was mention of stewards separating fighting Arsenal fans - as happened at the Amex. Is this just pro & anti Wenger factions have a spat or what?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
. He inherited the core of his "invincible" side .

ummm the Invicibles were:

Lehmann (wenger signing)
Lauren (wenger)
Campbell (wenger)
Toure (Wenger)
Cole
Ljungberg (Wenger)
Vieira (wenger)
Gilberto (wenger)
Pires (wenger)
Bergkamp
Henry (wenger)

So no. He inherited 2 players.

Are you sure you watch them?

Lehmann (wenger signing)
Lauren (wenger)
Campbell (wenger)
Toure (Wenger)
Cole
Ljungberg (Wenger)
Vieira (wenger)
Gilberto (wenger)
Pires (wenger)
Bergkamp
Henry (wenger)

Game, set and the match.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Lehmann (wenger signing)
Lauren (wenger)
Campbell (wenger)
Toure (Wenger)
Cole
Ljungberg (Wenger)
Vieira (wenger)
Gilberto (wenger)
Pires (wenger)
Bergkamp
Henry (wenger)

Yeah, but the other 9 were rubbish.

:moo:

Hallelujah, someone who can see Wenger for what he is. Youre pretty much spot on with what youve said mate. The man pretty much runs the club. He has lost the dressing room and the rot is spreading. He inherited the core of his "invincible" side and since the last of those left/retired, things have gone down hill. Bould, Dixon, Winterburn and Adams must have been wincing at that shower of clowns at the back against the Mickeys last night.
???

What have the Romans ever done for us - YouTube

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
On last nights radio coverage of the Arsenal vs Liverpool there was mention of stewards separating fighting Arsenal fans - as happened at the Amex. Is this just pro & anti Wenger factions have a spat or what?

Exactly that mate, gets worse every game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think you've got to accept that from the outside people just see an incredibly successful manager and cannot work out why you would turn on him.

On the flip side, the reality is I think Wenger has started to believe in his own legacy, that he genuinely believed the likes of Flamini, Fabregas, Nasri, Song, Van Persie would all stay because of him. Despite being offered double the money elsewhere, he thought they'd stay to work with him and believed in him. There is a certain tragedy unfolding in all of this.

I am purely speculating, but Pat Rice's departure at 62 suggested he'd also had enough, and perhaps it was more than just retiring. Pat Rice had the appearance of being a yes man, but in reality he never was, and maybe he just couldn't reconcile himself with where Arsenal were heading. It's interesting that rumours persist that Steve Bould is still not happy with the totalitarian way in which Wenger runs things.

Dandyman

In London village.
Arsenal's time will come again - it always does. they shine bright for a few years and then go back into the chasing pack. they have done that in the 40 years i have followed footy. they have never even flirted with the merest possibility of relegation and have no concept of anything other than winning or not winning. must be hard. even liverpool and man u faced relegation in the 70s and spent time near the bottom at various other times.

when the bubbles burst and chelski, citeh, united and liverpool run out of cash - everton and arsenal and possibly spuds will be the top teams. money will come and go - as will the coporates, but i can never see the proper fans leaving. Brighton are an example of that - where did all our fans go when we were shit? fact is - they had nowhere to go. now we are not shit and have a stadium big enough, we are coming back. yes - some corporates, even some (gawd 'elp us) plastic fans of other clubs -but we are back.

and pretty soon we are gonna be tonking palace on a regular basis too - just like the good old days :albion2:

Arsenal, of course, remain the only club in the Prem to have never actually won promotion to the top flight.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Are you lost? Slightly interesting but it's the transfer window last night- Can we talk about signings and rumours please? Perhaps you could move this thread to the arsenal forum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here