Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal view of the game final visit

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Sensible post only one minor point that was our typical game we didn't really raise our game but good luck in your battle unfortunately it seems to becoming the face of the Premiershit.

Unfortunately, you're not wrong. Wankers like rupert murdoch and your russian/yank/arab billionaires are decimating top flight football. A working mans game is being turned into a corporate machine and the very people that used to pay the gate money to get in and see their heroes play are being brushed aside as unimportant.

When thinking about promotion, be careful what you wish for. I cant stand Roy Keane, but his prawn sandwich brigade comments were spot on.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I follow Arsenal FC not Arsene FC, and him and the board are killing the club i love.

Genuine question.

Is it the signing of young quality talent such as Oxlade Chamberlain, or the development of Theo Walcott into an ever-improving striker or Gibbs into a quality left back, or the signings of 100cap German internationals, or the signing of a spanish world cup winner for what looks like a bargain, or the development of englands best number 10 for many a year, or the keeping your club on a sound financial footing after helping them move into a magnificent 60,000 seater satadium, that you dont like?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Genuine question.

Is it the signing of young quality talent such as Oxlade Chamberlain, or the development of Theo Walcott into an ever-improving striker or Gibbs into a quality left back, or the signings of 100cap German internationals, or the signing of a spanish world cup winner for what looks like a bargain, or the development of englands best number 10 for many a year, or the keeping your club on a sound financial footing after helping them move into a magnificent 60,000 seater satadium, that you dont like?

Not winning a trophy is what he isn't liking!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

The thing with that is, there aren't THAT many trophys to win.

League, out of their reach at the moment with the spending power of United and City and Chelsea. If Arsenal could spend £30m a pop on a player then they would, of course, be challenging.

The Champions league. Not winning that can't be seen as a failure.

FA cup. Man Utd havent won it for a decade.

Carling cup. Has been a youth cup for Arsenal. They even played their reserves in the final against Chelsea. The one year they took it seriously and it went horribly wrong against Birmingham.

Of course it's frustrating, but Wenger is certainly not DESTROYING their club. I've never seen a manger care so much for it's well being as he does. He could quite easily spend, win and go. but no, he always looks to try and secure their future with young sellable players.

Obviously the failures on the pitch are their own fault. But to be criticised for 'KILLING' the club is ludicrous.

EIE

Jan 23, 2013

League, out of their reach at the moment with the spending power of United and City and Chelsea. If Arsenal could spend £30m a pop on a player then they would, of course, be challenging.

Carling cup. Has been a youth cup for Arsenal. They even played their reserves in the final against Chelsea. The one year they took it seriously and it went horribly wrong against Birmingham.

Of course it's frustrating, but Wenger is certainly not DESTROYING their club. I've never seen a manger care so much for it's well being as he does. He could quite easily spend, win and go. but no, he always looks to try and secure their future with young sellable players.

Obviously the failures on the pitch are their own fault. But to be criticised for 'KILLING' the club is ludicrous.

Hang on, Who buys the players ?? Who trains the players ?? who implements the tactics during specific games ?? who lets our best players go, year in/year out ?? who makes the SHIT substitutions ?? who plays players out of position over and over again ??

WENGER DOES

"THAT" is why I blame Wenger

Hang on, Who buys the players ?? Who trains the players ?? who implements the tactics during specific games ?? who lets our best players go, year in/year out ?? who makes the SHIT substitutions ?? who plays players out of position over and over again ??

WENGER DOES

Bet you loved him when you used to win things though didn't you.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I agree with all of this.

Time will tell, but my guess is that history will show that this regime at Arsenal has done anything but destroy the club. There has to come a time when the bubble will burst and that's when clubs like Arsenal who live within their means should prosper - particularly if the rules around administration are tightened up so the Palace/Pompey trick can’t be repeated.

It's often said that there is plenty of money available for transfer fees at Arsenal, but invariably transfer windows pass without the biggest signings that the fans crave. I reckon this is simply because they have the cash to buy the players, but they don't want to break their wage structure (which would then cost them considerably more with a long line of players knocking at the manager's door). The net result is buying younger players, whose wage demands are lower than proven internationals, but who constitute a risk. By the time they've got more experience, they are nearing the end of their contracts and get their heads turned by the money on offer elsewhere! Walcott was the first one where they seem to have bowed to the wage demands, so it may indicate a slight shift in policy (or the backlash over ANOTHER good player leaving forced their hand).

Gooners should be careful what they wish for.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

WENGER DOES

You can only expect so much from a manager. Wenger's tactics, from what I can see, haven't changed all that much from when you lot were rampaging through every competition there is. At some point the finger has to be pointed at the players. That's not to say it's all their fault but it certainly isn't all Wenger's either.

As for selling the best players or not renewing the contracts I'd wager there is some board input on those fronts as well.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

WENGER DOES

Wow.

I sometimes think people are mad when they slag off Poyet!

There is thinking it's time for him to go, and then there's apparent HATRED of the manager. I think you don't realise anywhere near how good you've got it mate.

If you want your club to be like liverpool speninding £20 m on absolute dross then thats your choice, but Wenger is a brilliant manager. In 17 years (or whatever it is)at one club, you can point to mistakes, yes. But, my god, his correct decisions FAR outweigh them.

Anyway, enjoy your seat in your magnificent stadium that Wengers years of rubbish management helped you get.

EIE

Jan 23, 2013

I'd be lying if i said i dont like seeing my team win a trophy, who the f*** doesn't, wasnt that why 30,000 of filled your ground Saturday. Dont start with all the glory hunter shit. I've been following The Arsenal home and away for 30 years, had a season ticket for 25 of those 30, so I've gone through plenty of years without winning silverware.

I can take not winning trophies, what fucks me off, Is Having a manager that has built a squad that currently is only capable of winning 2 out of those available, Carling and/or FA cups, both with a little luck required. We have no chance with our current team of winning the league or the CL, yet the deluded frog put the CL top of his list and treats the Carling cup like a training exercise.

The only trophy we have a real shout of winning currently, with the squad we have and he plays the kids in it. To publicly state that finishing in the top 4 is like winning a trophy, says everything i need to know. He is manager turned business man, the only thing finishing in the top 4 guarantees, is his 7million quid f***ing salary each year.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'd be lying if i said i dont like seeing my team win a trophy, who the f*** doesn't, wasnt that why 30,000 of filled your ground Saturday. Dont start with all the glory hunter shit. I've been following The Arsenal home and away for 30 years, had a season ticket for 25 of those 30, so I've gone through plenty of years without winning silverware.

I can take not winning trophies, what fucks me off, Is Having a manager that has built a squad that currently is only capable of winning 2 out of those available, Carling and/or FA cups, both with a little luck required. We have no chance with our current team of winning the league or the CL, yet the deluded frog put the CL top of his list and treats the Carling cup like a training exercise.

The only trophy we have a real shout of winning currently, with the squad we have and he plays the kids in it. To publicly state that finishing in the top 4 is like winning a trophy, says everything i need to know. He is manager turned business man, the only thing finishing in the top 4 guarantees, is his 7million quid f***ing salary each year.

once your stadium is paid off mate you'll be a worry to the other 4 or five biggun's.

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Wow.

I sometimes think people are mad when they slag off Poyet!

There is thinking it's time for him to go, and then there's apparent HATRED of the manager. I think you don't realise anywhere near how good you've got it mate.

If you want your club to be like liverpool speninding £20 m on absolute dross then thats your choice, but Wenger is a brilliant manager. In 17 years (or whatever it is)at one club, you can point to mistakes, yes. But, my god, his correct decisions FAR outweigh them.

Anyway, enjoy your seat in your magnificent stadium that Wengers years of rubbish management helped you get.

You clearly only read the bits of my posts that you wanted to read. I DO NOT GO INTO THAT PLACE, its full of moo moo's doing their knitting, tourists and business men. A working mans game destroyed by foreign billionaires.

You clearly only read the bits of my posts that you wanted to read. I DO NOT GO INTO THAT PLACE, its full of moo moo's doing their knitting, tourists and business men. A working mans game destroyed by foreign billionaires.

Are you a season ticket holder?

EIE

Jan 23, 2013
Bet you loved him when you used to win things though didn't you.

Seems to me pal, that you just like sitting on here having a dig.

Youre stating the obvious here, but in last 7 years he's dragged us further and further down. I used to love the first bird i shagged, but got pissed off with her when she didnt do it for me anymore ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I admire your optimism fella, but im not so sure.

not optimism mate .....i don't support you lot ........just reckon once the debt is re-paid you'll be off and running........be nice to see you whack chelsea and manure again.

not sure if wenger is just the guy to see you through the debt until you get a mourhino or guardiola...........funny old game/business innit..!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
not optimism mate .....i don't support you lot ........just reckon once the debt is re-paid you'll be off and running........be nice to see you whack chelsea and manure again.

not sure if wenger is just the guy to see you through the debt until you get a mourhino or guardiola...........funny old game/business innit..!

Exactly; and whilst United, Chelsea and City are desperately shedding big wage players to get in line with the financial rules Arsenal will be laughing as their crop of cheap, talented, Wenger trained wonderkids sweep the league just like in days of old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here