Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v Liverpool - £93!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Utterly disgraceful, how on earth can that be justified? There needs to be a cap on ticket prices.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I paid £87 for a ticket to the Arsenal v Liverpool league game a few months back. Steep, but as others have said on this thread - supply and demand. There should be a cheaper catergory for non-Premier League and Champions League games in my opinion.

So are you a die-hard Arsenal/Liverpool fan or do you just have money to burn?!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Away tickets for Category A games at Anfield appear to be £48 for adults - almost HALF of £93.

Which is still high. £30 should be the maximum.

Of course the Scousers will still pay the stupidly high prices though, which makes any inevitable protest and banners they hold up during the game incredibly pointless. Again, there is still no proof Arsenal will actually charge these prices, much like how people were expecting BHAFC to charge normal prices for this game.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
So are you a die-hard Arsenal/Liverpool fan or do you just have money to burn?!

My uncle introduced me to Arsenal when I was a teenager during the early 90's. A few games here and there. Brighton are my club but I've always respected Arsenal's principles(generally) and the way they play the game. The Arsenal Liverpool game was the first game i'd seen since Rioch's last game in charge(May'96). Oh, and i'm not made of money :lolol:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Away tickets for Category A games at Anfield appear to be £48 for adults - almost HALF of £93.

Another thing that needs to be taken into account re Anfield prices in the away end - The view for those stuck underneath that upper tier is AWFUL. Half of £48 to see about a third of the pitch would be overpriced.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Utterly disgraceful, how on earth can that be justified? There needs to be a cap on ticket prices.

This would offend the Free Market, and in its wrath it would make it so the ewes would fail to lamb, the cows would not calve, and the corn would rot in the shocks.

The Free Market is a jealous god -- you will have no strange gods before it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another thing that needs to be taken into account re Anfield prices in the away end - The view for those stuck underneath that upper tier is AWFUL. Half of £48 to see about a third of the pitch would be overpriced.

I hate it in there, feels terribly claustrophobic!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Which is still high. £30 should be the maximum.

Of course the Scousers will still pay the stupidly high prices though, which makes any inevitable protest and banners they hold up during the game incredibly pointless. Again, there is still no proof Arsenal will actually charge these prices, much like how people were expecting BHAFC to charge normal prices for this game.

Of course it is far too high.

Was just pointing out there is no real evidence to suggest that "Liverpool wouldn't be charging much lower if it was at their place".

Agree completely about the £30 maximum though. Would be great if all clubs agreed to this. I know people go on about it a lot, but Germany has it right. Bayern price the corporate tickets high enough to subsidise the cheapest tickets. Read an article recently where Bayern said they like to have an adult ticket available for cheaper than it would cost to go the cinema so watching the game is still within the reach of the unemployed or low paid.

Again, completely agree with you that the only real answer is to boycott it. Difficulty I guess is that when you are a big club with large away following, when the usual away fans boycott, there are enough willing to take up their allocation to make it pretty pointless.

Am sure there was another fact in a ticket price article at the start of the season which said that with the extra money given to clubs in TV deals this season, Premier League sides could afford to knock about £20 of the cost of every ticket.

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Of course it is far too high.

Was just pointing out there is no real evidence to suggest that "Liverpool wouldn't be charging much lower if it was at their place".

Agree completely about the £30 maximum though. Would be great if all clubs agreed to this. I know people go on about it a lot, but Germany has it right. Bayern price the corporate tickets high enough to subsidise the cheapest tickets. Read an article recently where Bayern said they like to have an adult ticket available for cheaper than it would cost to go the cinema so watching the game is still within the reach of the unemployed or low paid.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Bayern are subsiding ticket prices for the upcoming CL match at The Emirates....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm sure I read somewhere that Bayern are subsiding ticket prices for the upcoming CL match at The Emirates....

Indeed they are. They are paying 30EUROs (or thereabouts) towards the cost of every away ticket for the Arsenal game at The Emirates because it is so much more than the fans are used to.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My uncle introduced me to Arsenal when I was a teenager during the early 90's. A few games here and there. Brighton are my club but I've always respected Arsenal's principles(generally) and the way they play the game. The Arsenal Liverpool game was the first game i'd seen since Rioch's last game in charge(May'96). Oh, and i'm not made of money :lolol:

Fairplay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here