Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very impressed with Dortmund. Worked very hard to win the ball back, closed down quickly and wow do the break with pace and numbers.

And took their chances:(

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
From the early 50s I was impressed and attracted by the 'push and run 'style of football from Spurs and as such have followed them ever since. I support BHAFC there is a big difference. As regards following a British team in Europe I think that went out of the window when they opened up the competition to the four places not just the league winners, which I disagree with. So yes I hope that Arsenal get knocked out of the competition.

Why? It's the only way your beloved Spurs will qualify.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
useless_in_europe.gif

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ironically Arsenal will probably find the away trip in Dortmund far more suited to their style.

Cazorla will be fully fit by then as will Flamini. Also Dortmund will have to come out a little more than they did last night. This should suit Arsenal as that pocket between the back four and midfield was marshalled amazingly well by Bender.

The quality showed though. Arsenal turned off for a second, when on the front foot, and a quality striker like Lewandowski will punish you.

Whoever bags him next season will be very very lucky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
haven't they reached the group stages of the Champions League, for the last 400 consecutive years, or something?
No.

It's 418 consecutive years of underachieving all the way to the knock out stages of Europe's premier competition.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Remember that year they were especially terrible and lead the final against some horrendous spanish team despite only having 10 men?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All the while playing Wenger's dour, ugly passing football, compared to Chelsea's sublime and silky defensive displays.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
All these Spurs fans getting excited about Arsenal losing a game to one of the best teams in Europe. They are and have always been in Arsenal's shadow. They always crumble when they're on the final straight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All these Spurs fans getting excited about Arsenal losing a game to one of the best teams in Europe. They are and have always been in Arsenal's shadow. They always crumble when they're on the final straight.

I do love how no matter how good Spurs are, Arsenal are just that LITTLE bit better.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
, check out our european trophies, a lot better than arsenals and well before the abramovich era.

Chelsea 2 Uefa Cup Winners Cups 1971 and 1998

Arsenal 1 Cup winners cup in 1994 and 1 Uefa Cup 1970(previously called the Inter-City fairs cup but taken over by Uefa in "71-72"

That's 2 each before the RA era. I wouldn't count that as "a lot better" personally.

Of course you could throw in Chelsea's super cup win in 1998....but thats a "tournament" of 2 teams.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
oh bore off for f ucks sake, it's a light hearted wind up , as for the comment ' So Chelsea were 'useless in Europe' until 18 months ago then ? ' , check out our european trophies, a lot better than arsenals and well before the abramovich era.

2 Cup Winner's Cups vs 1 Cup Winners Cup & 1 UEFA Cup ? Not "a lot better", is it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chelsea 2 Uefa Cup Winners Cups 1971 and 1998

Arsenal 1 Cup winners cup in 1994 and 1 Uefa Cup 1970(previously called the Inter-City fairs cup but taken over by Uefa in "71-72"

That's 2 each before the RA era. I wouldn't count that as "a lot better" personally.

Of course you could throw in Chelsea's super cup win in 1998....but thats a "tournament" of 2 teams.

2 Cup Winner's Cups vs 1 Cup Winners Cup & 1 UEFA Cup ? Not "a lot better", is it?

oh bore off, FFS, with your pesky facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here