Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arsenal v bayern munich

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Red card for Chesney..... Not sure about that one? Ball was going away from the goal... Robben is a disgusting diver though down like he'd been sniped.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Red card for Chesney..... Not sure about that one? Ball was going away from the goal... Robben is a disgusting diver though down like he'd been sniped.

It looked like a fair whack on his standing leg to me denying an almost certain goal. Not sure Arsenal can have any complaints.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looked a reckless challenge from Sczeszny - right decision from the referee for me.

Alaba sends the keeper the wrong way and then smacks the post from the spot.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Boateng kicks Gibbs off the pitch after already being on a yellow, maybe Bayern wouldn't of had that chance if they were down to 10.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I'm fed up with watching games ruined by sendings off. Why don't they change the stupid rule. Isn't a penalty award enough punishment ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Watching these CL Refs makes you realise British refs aren't all that bad - it's like 'look at me' all the time, lots of continental refs seem to be like that.

Look at the way he walks about - total cockwomble

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What a plonker, a team-mate of the Bayern penalty taker gave him a half-hearted half high five afters.
He needed to be given a proper slap not a consolation slap.

D

Deleted member 18477

Def a pen. Never a red card. That 'rule' is pathetic!!!! Ruined a great game of football! Was really enjoying it. 2nd half will be rubbish. Bayern will be too strong for 10 men arsenal

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm fed up with watching games ruined by sendings off. Why don't they change the stupid rule. Isn't a penalty award enough punishment ?

I tend to agree, unless it's a dangerous tackle in the box, a penalty and yellow card seems to cover it.

Fouling outside the box and denying a goal scoring opportunity is worth a sending off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. If the last man takes someone out, outside the box, then a red card is fair. If you're giving them a penalty, then they've still got their goal scoring opportunity. I'd still keep the red card for blatant deliberate cheating though (eg, defender saves on the line with his hands).

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Forest losing

Just heard an interview with their middle eastern foreign owner.

Seems like a bloody nice bloke with Forests long term interests in his heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here