Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal sack Emery

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So who they gonna get to replace him? Not Poch surely? The fact that both Man Utd and Arsenal have struggled to find a consistent replacement following on from Ferguson and Wenger is interesting. Both teams now in transition and struggling. Perhaps keeping one manager for a long period is on balance not such a good idea.....yes huge success for a period but then when they leave a a void that cannot be easily filled and a team that spends years trying to find its way back to the summit again.

So sack a successful manager to continue to win things?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nuno I reckon. Allegri also possible. Would like them to be a bit braver and go for Howe or even Bielsa from Leeds, but don’t think they’re in a mindset of giving someone a chance. Poch would be funny, but wonder if he’s being quietly tapped up for Man Utd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Emery OUT

41JzXfJ3hWL.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fergie left Utd at the very top. Arguably Arsenal are barely any worse off than they were with Wengers last few years in charge.
Fergie left a mess at United. How he managed to coax, cajole and bully that team to the League Championship in his last season was probably the greatest miracle of his remarkable career - the whole team needed rebuilding at that point - and had been for a couple of seasons. He left a mess to blow up in Moyes' face.

Arteta for the Arsenal job, IMO.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Damn! Was just hoping he'd hang on long enough for us to have a crack at them. Now we get the fired up Arsenal instead of the flaccid version.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fergie left a mess at United. How he managed to coax, cajole and bully that team to the League Championship in his last season was probably the greatest miracle of his remarkable career - the whole team needed rebuilding at that point - and had been for a couple of seasons. He left a mess to blow up in Moyes' face.

Arteta for the Arsenal job, IMO.

agree Arteta as he is probably more easy to prise away from City as he knows he won't get the job if pep leaves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One day a big six club WILL take a gamble on Howe

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
One day a big six club WILL take a gamble on Howe

This! However, he does seem very loyal to Bmuff. I guess the wages might swing it ultimately.

If I were a gooner I'd also easily cast aside the spurs rivalry if Poch was up for it. However, I really think that Man United are lining him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here