Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal on BT Sport at 4pm Sunday 25th

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yeah I know, and I'll feel the same when we get there. Probably explains why so many premier league grounds aren't full, and away attendances can be so low, look at Burnley v Spurs the other day, less than 10K. People may be starting to vote with their feet/wallet.

Do you think it will ever get to the point where Sky/BT/BBC/ITV/ForeignTV won't want to show matches with half full stadiums, and then either their money will dry up, tickets will become cheaper, more matches will move back to 3pm Saturday, or perhaps a combination of all those?

I think clubs will probably start by making matches cheaper. No reason for them to be as expensive as they are given the revenue split between TV and ticket sales.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think clubs will probably start by making matches cheaper. No reason for them to be as expensive as they are given the revenue split between TV and ticket sales.
Have you not seen the balance sheets of ALL professional football teams.

They make me look like Scrooge McDuck, and I have feck all money.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Appreciate that many would rather it wasn't Sunday (myself included) but how is 4pm 'a **** time of the DAY, to have a football match'?

It's because it's 4pm on a Sunday that I think it's a **** time of day for a football match. Sunday afternoon is ****ed, you can't sit down to a decent Sunday lunch with friends or family because you'll have to bugger off half way through, you can't have a relaxing evening meal in readiness for the shite about to hit you on a Monday morning because you won't be home from the football before 7.30-8pm, it's just gash.

Jan 30, 2008
it's because it's 4pm on a sunday that i think it's a **** time of day for a football match. Sunday afternoon is ****ed, you can't sit down to a decent sunday lunch with friends or family because you'll have to bugger off half way through, you can't have a relaxing evening meal in readiness for the shite about to hit you on a monday morning because you won't be home from the football before 7.30-8pm, it's just gash.
straight to the curry house then :wink:
regards
DR

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Have you not seen the balance sheets of ALL professional football teams.

They make me look like Scrooge McDuck, and I have feck all money.

And if, hypothetically, presented with a choice between lowered broadcast revenue because of half empty stadiums or lowering ticket prices to try and raise attendance which do you think they'd pick? They may be broke, but lowering ticket prices to try and increase ticket sales seems much more attractive than the alternative.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Naive! Listen, football in the very near future will simply CGI-in a crowd where there are empty seats. The noise of crowds is already 'canned' on TV, just watch the football league show when Barnet score and the noise is El Classico esque! I can see Football getting rid of expensive stadiums altogether if it makes more money to surround a pitch with green screens and force everyone to watch on TV instead with virtual-stadiums drawn in. You may think sod that I'll give up following my club, but since when were local fans a consideration as long as the global audience is happy? Mr Sussex and Mr middlesex are an irrelevance today in comparison to revenue from Mr Shanghai and Mr Mumbai.

There is literally nothing ridiculous about this suggestion if it's proven to make clubs more money. Money, yummie, let's make more and more money. Nothing else matters as long as we've got even more money. Money. Lovely money. The only thing that matters. Get some and get some more until you cannot spend it fast enough. And then work out how you can get more.

Last edited:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Finally my tin foil FA cup will get the world wide audience it deserves.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's because it's 4pm on a Sunday that I think it's a **** time of day for a football match. Sunday afternoon is ****ed, you can't sit down to a decent Sunday lunch with friends or family because you'll have to bugger off half way through, you can't have a relaxing evening meal in readiness for the shite about to hit you on a Monday morning because you won't be home from the football before 7.30-8pm, it's just gash.

But if you work Saturdays then you're very chuffed as that's two more games you can now get to (with Ipswich also being moved).

So what's bad for some is great for others.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Ffs booked the saturday off work months ago for Ipswich game and now can't go to this as its on a Sunday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you think it will ever get to the point where Sky/BT/BBC/ITV/ForeignTV won't want to show matches with half full stadiums, and then either their money will dry up, tickets will become cheaper, more matches will move back to 3pm Saturday, or perhaps a combination of all those?

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Anyway, aren't most clubs losing money hand-over-fist, just like we are?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

It's ARSENAL the biggest side we'll play in years and you're more bothered about food before or food after. Pathetic

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

This will sell out & still leave Arsenal 5k short of what they could shift, why lower?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's ARSENAL the biggest side we'll play in years and you're more bothered about food before or food after. Pathetic
I'll be up for it on the day. But for now I'm a bit 'meh'. Are you genuinely excited to watch Arsenal? Unless you're very young, in which case I understand, I am surprised that it's that much of a big deal.

I'll be up for it on the day. But for now I'm a bit 'meh'. Are you genuinely excited to watch Arsenal? Unless you're very young, in which case I understand, I am surprised that it's that much of a big deal.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here