Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal *NEED* two Albion players

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
After this, they're essentially gone, aren't they?

Lol that shopping list is a real, "tell me you don't watch much football, without telling me you don't watch much football" group of players.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice list of players, but Arsenal won't be able to afford that and anyone who thinks that would win them the title would be having a laugh.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Whereas we just need three of those 5 to have the complete set. Oneupmanship can be a good thing sometimes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lol that shopping list is a real, "tell me you don't watch much football, without telling me you don't watch much football" group of players.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice list of players, but Arsenal won't be able to afford that and anyone who thinks that would win them the title would be having a laugh.
A squad containing at least 4 holding midfielders with a combined value somewhere north of £275,000,000 - the guy's a genius.

Arsenal aren't even going to finish top 4 next season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Unfortunately unless we somehow progress from being a team that competes on the edges of the top 6, to being an established part of it in terms of financial power, trophies, stadium size etc, then these comments will persist. Top 6 fans/owners will always see us as a location to pinch players from. Realistically the only way I would see that changing is if Tony sold us to a mega rich Man City style new owner which transformed us into the final destination for top players rather than the development stage of their career, but I wouldnt want that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately unless we somehow progress from being a team that competes on the edges of the top 6, to being an established part of it in terms of financial power, trophies, stadium size etc, then these comments will persist. Top 6 fans/owners will always see us as a location to pinch players from. Realistically the only way I would see that changing is if Tony sold us to a mega rich Man City style new owner which transformed us into the final destination for top players rather than the development stage of their career, but I wouldnt want that.
We want them to persist, our entire business model is based around this thinking.

In the unlikely event (now) a season ever ended in champions League qualification, the drawbridge gets pulled and Mr Bloom doubles down.

Tony's not selling - thankfully.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

I genuinely believe Had they got Moises in January
They may well have done this season

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah, tend to agree, and it is a great comfort to know, this was probably their best chance at lifting the title.
Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea will all challenge next year above Arsenal.
Not only did we somewhat put a spanner in the works by denying them Moises, but then soundly put an end to their dream on Sunday.

The stuff dreams are made of that.
:lolol:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Possibly. I think they got obsessed with finding a player of Partey's quality to replace him when he "got injured" this season...

They would have been better served trying to bring in a top centre-back in January to be honest. Had they succeeded then they might not have conceded 15 in their last 7 crunch matches and had enough to win the title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here