Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal fans in home stands

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely if its one or two people in your vicinity they get put in their place, which it sounds like happened. Why have a cry on here about it. If we had won then I doubt this thread would exist.
Hi, very long time viewer and refused to ever get involved in the Forum.
Arsenal fan, enjoying your mini renaissance.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Surely if its one or two people in your vicinity they get put in their place, which it sounds like happened. Why have a cry on here about it. If we had won then I doubt this thread would exist.
Hi, very long time viewer and refused to ever get involved in the Forum.
If you're that much of a lurker you would know that things like this come up whether we win, lose or draw! Mainly coz it's f**king annoying that I couldn't get tickets for an Xmas match, I had no trouble the other year when it was Bournemouth!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unless the club sold to them!!!

Exchange and always available tickets, are snapped up by Albion members, who consider it a price worth paying to see their adopted mega-spending club once a season.

A Newcastle father and son along our road do this.
There's Geordies in the area ? Keep that to yourself, imagine what it would do to house prices :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yet away at Southampton they were checking id on the entrance to Yate's bar that it matched your name on the matchday ticket.
Priorities eh ?
Obviously, yes. Because demand exceeds supply for away matches and people earn loyalty points for buying and selling them on thereby dishonestly enabling them to buy more away tickets for the best games. But you know this as it’s been explained many times.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Club do not help the situation, I have been in the wrong end before, but I showed respect ie no colours or celebrating etc. Why do the club let people wearing shirts / scarves of opposition in. Should make it clear on tickets / when buying ticket. No wearing of other team merchandise or no entry, also any celebrating goals etc and u will be thrown out. The fact that theysee other fans in arsenal shirts in home end emboldens them,. and gives stewards a harder time dealing with them as they feel there are no rules in place to stoping alway fans getting in.

I take my two young boys in the esl and after first goal a couple of arsenal fan jumped up. Because nothing was done when they scored second around 15 in different areas ariund jumped up! By the time third went this had progressed too 2 bloke and a woman celebrating and turning round sticking there fingers up to the Brighton fans around them as well as giving a lot of mouth. I do not pay all this money for three season tickets to given given a load of abuse in the home end by away fans! I am confident this would not have happened if they stopped anyone getting entrance with away colours in/ if seen wearing colour in home end ejected straight away, and more importantly had ejected the first two who jumped up after the first goal! Seems they are more worried about bottle tops!!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There was a couple in block I. Called out by some fans and the stewards as usual were reluctant to kick them out. Basically if the away fan apologises the stewards let them stay. The club really need to clamp down on it. People pay good money for STs and should not have to put up with away fans next to them in the home end.
Fans from different countries managed to mingle at games without punching each other at the World Cup. Are we so backward here people feel threatened by others who happen to support the team we are playing?

Jul 7, 2003
So, I had a well behaved Arsenal fan sat next to me tonight in the WSU and nobody noticed. Over the years we have had loads of away fans take up spare tickets in our group, both at the Amex and Withdean, without any issue.

For tonight, my mates with STH live in London and didn’t come down for the game as they had plans for later this evening. Passed on their tickets to a mate of mine who has taken our spares for some time now. He is Turkish so a Fenerbache fan but always followed the Albion since he has been in the country.

Him and his son have endured that Forest debacle and the Villa game so not exactly glory hunters or picking up tickets for the ‘big’ games only. His son is an Arsenal fan and tries to see them a few times a year when he can but also enjoys watching the Albion. He knew not to wear colours and not to jump up and down if they scored.

I have no problem with season ticket holders who can’t attend passing their tickets on to friends or family who happen to support another team as long as they are well behaved.

The attitude of some people on here towards other football fans is embarrassing and makes us look tinpot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saw none near me - as always if there were, and they were being obvious, they’d have been told where to go 🤷🏻‍♂️ deal with it at the game not on NSC 🤷🏻‍♂️

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The attitude of some people on here towards other football fans is embarrassing and makes us look tinpot.
Embarrassing to who exactly?
I’ve just read post #52 and fans taking the piss like that are out of order, especially when they are lording it over Albion fans.

I think it’s tinpot when one of our fans got a long ban at Wolves because one of his sons couldn’t go so he took his other son.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Embarrassing to who exactly?
I’ve just read post #52 and fans taking the piss like that are out of order, especially when they are lording it over Albion fans.

I think it’s tinpot when one of our fans got a long ban at Wolves because one of his sons couldn’t go so he took his other son.
Wouldn’t happen in i WSU - they’d be seen off before they could say sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, seen a few turfed out in the past, the 2 Fulham fans couldn’t keep a lid on it for long.
Usually we turf them over the barriers onto the 1901 bods and let the stewards scrape them up…

No seriously, never seen any in our bit but I’m front row so prob why - saw a Liverpool plastic in 1901 below us once - league cup game - couldnt help but shout to him to f*** off - it’s football after all and it’s part of the passion right? Only ever time I’ve had home end tickets was Gillingham (think we lost 3-0 or so) and I was so stoned I can’t remember anything 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Obviously, yes. Because demand exceeds supply for away matches and people earn loyalty points for buying and selling them on thereby dishonestly enabling them to buy more away tickets for the best games. But you know this as it’s been explained many times.
Did you read the post you have replied to correctly?

What has any of what you have posted got to do with Yates bar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here