Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal fans in home stands

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
There was a big group of Arsenal fans in the West. I think they must have been in a box or 1901. They clearly had too much champagne and prawn sandwiches.

It kicked off a bit when they kept celebrating the Arsenal goals and someone threw a bottle back at them. Not your Arsenal TV type though. One of them was called Hugo and said "don't have a cow man" when he nearly got hit with a bottle!

I've sneaked into the home end at away games but always make sure I sit on my hands and keep quiet! - it's all about respect.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I'm not even going to read the rest of the replies because they'll be full of poindexters reaching for 'balance' and saying its 'normal' and has to happen. but this was a disaster this evening. In the West stand Upper they were all over the place. It totally ruined it. The club has to get a grip, and have more confidence in itself. There were more Arsenal and half and halfers than actual Brighton fans.

They don't even have to be unpleasant but what are we? A tourist attraction. It was pathetic and the atmosphere was killed from the off.

The current system is ridiculous. I've had Brighton fans who want my season ticket in the two games I couldn't make it and between us we'd have to spend 60 extra quid, to make it happen.

Yet you can Wang it on the exchange and sell it to any old dickhead for face value. Its absolutely mental.

I could see it coming because Arsenal are the absolute mother of fairweather, wealthy fans. So they've got the cash and the casual disinterest to soak up tickets when they are doing well. That's where the club has to have more confidence. We're garnering a global fan base and our local season ticket holders need to be able to move tickets on to friends.

Christ that was annoying.

And don't start me on the football. Caicedo and Mac make this team work. Caicedo more than anything else. Gilmour is MILES away on comparison.

Only good parts were the subs and the impact they have and the normally placid woman in front of me tearing into our Arsenal neighbours to the horror of her teenage daughter. I was 100% #teamangrybrightonmum
Well said - very much reflects my own views and I’m sure many other season ticket holders: the restrictions and potential sanctions placed on us seem to be disproportionate when you compare it to the ease with which potentially troublesome away fans can buy tickets in home areas.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I haven't been to a game in the UK for a few decades now, the idea that away supporters can get into other areas of the ground and not get smashed is great news. I remember when I first came to Aus and went to an AFL game I was astonished that both sets of supporters were walking into the ground together, and to a large extent sitting together. I can see how having a loud mouthed Arsenal fan next to me would be annoying but so much better than the old times.

There's a lot of conflict in my mind about what is happening both home and away.
Arsenal, I had a guy with his son sat next to me in EU. These seats are empty and generally I get newbies (or Japanese a lot recently). Whoever it is they are also accompanied with a couple of bags from the club store. Win win for the club. The Arsenal couple were good natured and well informed on football, knew our team well. Didn't leap about celebrating and kept quiet. Won me over when son (around 12yo) said they live near Palace but couldn't support them!
But here's the thing. These two seats are unsold, no season tickets, and not the first place a STH would put his Arsenal supporting mates and so the club must have sold them on the open market (wish I asked the Dad where he purchased them from). Fan Charter states in Catagory 2 section 3 you mustn't buy or sell a ticket to away fans in a home area. But someone did, be it either the club or a tout.
Note. Chelsea fans also kept quiet but we all knew who they were, face in hands as each goal went in.
Meanwhile I've been treated like a criminal because I go to away games. Who are you, where's your ticket, is it yours, do you have ID? I'm full on scarf, coat and Albion shirt going in the away end.
Next up is Liverpool, guaranteed away fans sat next to me.
Should I have to put up with it? Can I ask a steward to remove them?
Spot on. Another point to show how stupid the away ticket handling has been.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Meanwhile I've been treated like a criminal because I go to away games. Who are you, where's your ticket, is it yours, do you have ID? I'm full on scarf, coat and Albion shirt going in the away end.
Do Well publicised and Random ID checks at away games to prevent abuse of the loyalty scheme - however irritating - really compare to being treated like a criminal. ??

And touting tickets, being ejected for bad behaviour in the home end and passing on tickets to away fans.- At the Amex - has always been an issue , fans get banned all the time and the club acts - including on Saturday.

The desire to say club turns a blind eye to one so as to argue it’s being unfair about the other is tempting - I see WeAreBrightin couldn’t resist amongst others on here - but it just doesn’t stand up.

That said agreed let’s have the discussion about say the fairness of sanctions, effectiveness of stewards, overreach, and ways of reporting breaches both home and away- it’s worth having. And clearly there are flaws with how both these issues are being dealt with - highlighted on here with specific cases - but not sure that club doesn’t care about this, but only cares about that - gets us very far.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Many people exaggerate, I once spoke to a dwarf who said he was a professional basketball player.
Was he always sticking his nose in other people’s business?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I haven't been to a game in the UK for a few decades now, the idea that away supporters can get into other areas of the ground and not get smashed is great news. I remember when I first came to Aus and went to an AFL game I was astonished that both sets of supporters were walking into the ground together, and to a large extent sitting together. I can see how having a loud mouthed Arsenal fan next to me would be annoying but so much better than the old times.
Indeed. I have been watching the Albion for 46 years and think it pathetic that people come crying on here about having a few away fans around them. Need to grow up.
Well said - very much reflects my own views and I’m sure many other season ticket holders: the restrictions and potential sanctions placed on us seem to be disproportionate when you compare it to the ease with which potentially troublesome away fans can buy tickets in home areas.
I would prefer the club to be selling tickets than leave it to STH to sell to their Arsenal supporting mates. There is more the club can do about ticket touting but this has nothing to do with restrictions on people’s ability to be an unofficial ticket exchange.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Many people exaggerate, I once spoke to a dwarf who said he was a professional basketball player.

I’ll tell you what I know about dwarfs.

Very little

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
People that are triggered by having to be in the company of supporters of other football teams need help.
Have you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, or just looking for an argument? Thought you were better than that TBH. Maybe seek help yourself or go and have a large coffee :moo:

A whole long thread about Arsenal fans in all areas including some giving out abuse and you suddenly turn up now with these comments. A bit sad IMO.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Do Well publicised and Random ID checks at away games to prevent abuse of the loyalty scheme - however irritating - really compare to being treated like a criminal. ??

And touting tickets, being ejected for bad behaviour in the home end and passing on tickets to away fans.- At the Amex - has always been an issue , fans get banned all the time and the club acts - including on Saturday.

The desire to say club turns a blind eye to one so as to argue it’s being unfair about the other is tempting - I see WeAreBrightin couldn’t resist amongst others on here - but it just doesn’t stand up.

That said agreed let’s have the discussion about say the fairness of sanctions, effectiveness of stewards, overreach, and ways of reporting breaches both home and away- it’s worth having. And clearly there are flaws with how both these issues are being dealt with - highlighted on here with specific cases - but not sure that club doesn’t care about this, but only cares about that - gets us very far.
Criminal at away games, yes. There again it is the same for away fans at the Amex. Rows of security checks as they pass into the south stand. My point being I cant pass on an away ticket (never have anyway) and yet the club themselves are selling the seats next to me to away fans for every 'big club' game.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Never been in the home end at an away ground for this reason, a lot of you are just hypocrites, if you don't like away fans next to you at home games then don't do that yourself at away games

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Criminal at away games, yes. There again it is the same for away fans at the Amex. Rows of security checks as they pass into the south stand. My point being I cant pass on an away ticket (never have anyway) and yet the club themselves are selling the seats next to me to away fans for every 'big club' game.
have you reported it to the club so they can see why it’s happening ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Have you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, or just looking for an argument? Thought you were better than that TBH. Maybe seek help yourself or go and have a large coffee :moo:

A whole long thread about Arsenal fans in all areas including some giving out abuse and you suddenly turn up now with these comments. A bit sad IMO.
No, I’m fine thanks. :)
Just bored of the same old posters using any thread they can to have a go at the fair distribution of our away tickets. A hornet’s nest of entitlement. I’m probably broadly on the same page as you re Arsenal fans in home ends. They need to keep quiet. However there is nothing wrong with them being there and the stewards deal with them without needing any help from the ‘let me at them (but from a safe distance brigade).’

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
have you reported it to the club so they can see why it’s happening ?
Should I? These aren't your yob fans, indeed most are very knowledgable fans who are always saying how good Brighton are. If they have purchased membership then the tickets have cost them a few quid. I'll see what happens v Liverpool and ask the fans where they got their tickets.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, I’m fine thanks. :)
Just bored of the same old posters using any thread they can to have a go at the fair distribution of our away tickets. A hornet’s nest of entitlement. I’m probably broadly on the same page as you re Arsenal fans in home ends. They need to keep quiet. However there is nothing wrong with them being there and the stewards deal with them without needing any help from the ‘let me at them (but from a safe distance brigade).’
You have been trying to get at anyone mentioning the away tickets all through this thread. You really didn’t have to use the comments in your last to posts that were really aimed at anyone that had dared to complain about the behaviour of Arsenal fans on Saturday……many Albion fans have posted genuine comments, we should be able to sit with fellow Albion fans if we buy a ST.

You suddenly piping up with the childish comments “fans crying about having away fans around them” and telling Albion fans to “grow up” is wrong. This is the thread for Albion fans to comment/ complain about Arsenal fans in the home stands.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think you go to home games anymore, so I don’t think you are in a position to knock ST buying fans on this subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here